shape
carat
color
clarity

Assuming this checks out to make me a 3 stone ring....

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like those bands - they are beautiful and sparkly! Can't wait to see the new ring!

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful rings! Made me hop on ebay to find an eternity ring! :)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
webdiva|1335389433|3180762 said:
Beautiful rings! Made me hop on ebay to find an eternity ring! :)

Well, just shop with caution! ::)

I'll let everyone know how the ring checks out . The marquise shaped one was touted as "vintage" but I don't think it is. Not even sure it's platinum...the metal looks too shiny and too white.

As long as it's diamonds though (which it does appear to be) I'm OK with that.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, did have it checked out. It's platinum and they think they can do it, but I'll have to wait and see what the estimate is. She wants to add in another little diamond in a similar shape and engrave the sides too. Apparently they don't do ugly sizing bars at 23rd street. :cheeky:

ETA, I didn't have them test the gold on the other one, but even if it's 14K, I'm really happy with it. Exactly my size (5.25, the jeweler confirmed it) in the second hand market for exactly what I want is hard to find. The diamonds all appear the same color and shimmer nicely.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1335398234|3180913 said:
Apparently they don't do ugly sizing bars at 23rd street. :cheeky:
Hey, I resemble that comment! (says Deco's e-ring) :tongue:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful bands T-gal and a sweet deal. And they look AMAZING with your Amelia ring. I can't bring myself to spend much on stacking bands either. I have quite a few on my ebay watchlist but when push comes to shove, I can't bring myself to buy them. There are 2 right now under 400 and I keep thinking about them but... ultimately I think I'm a cheapskate. LOL.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha Deco...you resemble a lot of things. Fortunately IMO, most of them good. ;))

Thanks Gypsy! Yes, I just feel these things are SO overpriced. Like a custom ring can cost 4K, but a small deco eternity band easily 2-3K at a nicer jeweler store.

I LOVE your emerald stacker, so I think when something speaks to you, you'd buy it! I know that many of the 14K eternities on ebay can be had for sub $400, but I just love platinum, so when I saw this one I did snatch it up. And like I said, the WG little diamond one will work as a spacer. It's so cute though...1 mm wide of cute little shimmery diamonds. I really can't believe how evenly matched they are in color and sparkle factor. The pictures on ebay were atrocious. Seriously had no idea what I'd be getting!

I'm going to Spain in August and was sad to leave all my bling behind. But at the price of lil' wispy here (what I'm calling the skinny band), I can wear it with my plain ole wedding band, and it adds a little sunshine to my finger. :sun:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wowwowwow!!! i just love that marquis shaped band...you done good girl..!! they look fantastic stacked. giving me ideas.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara|1335417331|3181208 said:
wowwowwow!!! i just love that marquis shaped band...you done good girl..!! they look fantastic stacked. giving me ideas.

Thanks Mara! And thanks for your helping vetting all this stuff out for me.

;)) :tongue:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1335416072|3181202 said:
Haha Deco...you resemble a lot of things. Fortunately IMO, most of them good. ;))

Thanks Gypsy! Yes, I just feel these things are SO overpriced. Like a custom ring can cost 4K, but a small deco eternity band easily 2-3K at a nicer jeweler store.

I LOVE your emerald stacker, so I think when something speaks to you, you'd buy it! I know that many of the 14K eternities on ebay can be had for sub $400, but I just love platinum, so when I saw this one I did snatch it up. And like I said, the WG little diamond one will work as a spacer. It's so cute though...1 mm wide of cute little shimmery diamonds. I really can't believe how evenly matched they are in color and sparkle factor. The pictures on ebay were atrocious. Seriously had no idea what I'd be getting!

I'm going to Spain in August and was sad to leave all my bling behind. But at the price of lil' wispy here (what I'm calling the skinny band), I can wear it with my plain ole wedding band, and it adds a little sunshine to my finger. :sun:

I agree, I totally prefer platinum, I almost didn't bid on my emerald one because of the metal but like you said it spoke to me. I would have jumped on those too. I really adore the bands. The 1mm one is perfect as a spacer, and it's shimmery to boot! Ebay is a crap shoot, but there's such a thrill when something works out.

I actually just best offered a contemporary platinum one last night. But like I said... I'm cheap. It was 600 and I best offered 300. It's worth 600, just not to me.

Spain sounds amazing. And that band is perfect. My scott kay 1/2 eternity pave is a tank. I wear it on vacation and everywhere. Small enough bling that it's safe, says "married', and dresses up or down.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1335421280|3181225 said:
I agree, I totally prefer platinum, I almost didn't bid on my emerald one because of the metal but like you said it spoke to me. I would have jumped on those too. I really adore the bands. The 1mm one is perfect as a spacer, and it's shimmery to boot! Ebay is a crap shoot, but there's such a thrill when something works out.

I actually just best offered a contemporary platinum one last night. But like I said... I'm cheap. It was 600 and I best offered 300. It's worth 600, just not to me.

Spain sounds amazing. And that band is perfect. My scott kay 1/2 eternity pave is a tank. I wear it on vacation and everywhere. Small enough bling that it's safe, says "married', and dresses up or down.

Yes, I totally agree . My wedding band is a 2mm almost pipe cut (beveled edges, but that straight look) platinum band. Some people may think I'm just wearing it so I "look" married. But you add a bit of diamonds to it, and it legitimizes everything. At least, that's how I justify buying diamonds. :bigsmile:

So they didn't accept your best offer?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
stargurl78|1335471615|3181682 said:
Why the hell can't I ever find these awesome eBay deals?!?! I LOVE your new stackers T-Gal!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I really want to start a little stacking collection but this one is as far as I've gotten because I'm just too cheap:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pave-Diamond-Solid-14K-White-Gold-Engagement-Wedding-Eternity-Matching-Band-Ring-/250915237892?pt=US_Wedding_Bands_with_Diamonds_Gemstones&var=&hash=item3a6bb6b004

What's your budget and your ring size? You'd be better off looking for pre-owned pieces than new. And you might want to start your own thread. 8)

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy said:
stargurl78|1335471615|3181682 said:
Why the hell can't I ever find these awesome eBay deals?!?! I LOVE your new stackers T-Gal!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I really want to start a little stacking collection but this one is as far as I've gotten because I'm just too cheap:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pave-Diamond-Solid-14K-White-Gold-Engagement-Wedding-Eternity-Matching-Band-Ring-/250915237892?pt=US_Wedding_Bands_with_Diamonds_Gemstones&var=&hash=item3a6bb6b004

What's your budget and your ring size? You'd be better off looking for pre-owned pieces than new. And you might want to start your own thread. 8)

For stackers, I'd be looking for a size 5 and I have no problem with pre-owned pieces. I'll start my own thread... 8)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TGal this ring is going to be spectacular :bigsmile:

Congrats on your decision on vendor! I'm laughing out loud at some of your posts - maybe if I was even half as laid-back as you are.. :cheeky:

And oh, I'm GLAD you're keeping those stones!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1335474256|3181737 said:
TGal this ring is going to be spectacular :bigsmile:

Congrats on your decision on vendor! I'm laughing out loud at some of your posts - maybe if I was even half as laid-back as you are.. :cheeky:

And oh, I'm GLAD you're keeping those stones!!

LOL Yssie...I think I'm laid back, but nothing's gone wrong, so knock on wood. I just believe things have a way of working out. I mean, even with these stackers, I had started getting quotes for full retail. Looked on ebay the same day and found two I really liked. I was the only bidder on one, and the other accepted a pretty lowball offer, partly because I think it's twin sold for "full" price, so they were averaging the profit between the two is my guess.

And if things don't work out the way I want...well, then, life goes on and I figure it was meant to be that way too.

Stargurl, I would have been fine with a threadjack, but I'll comment on your new thread!!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal said:
Stargurl, I would have been fine with a threadjack, but I'll comment on your new thread!!

Haha, no worries, I figured Gypsy's suggestion to start a thread was probably a good one. That way others can get some ideas if they are looking for stackers too. Thanks TGal!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the new bands, TGal! Gosh, to get two for that price and one is platinum is excellent! Ebay is wonderful when it works! I watch for some things, too!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks DS! I'm missing the platinum one right now, but wearing lil wispy around the house. I gotta say, I :love: her! So dainty and so perfect. And you know what they say...a deal isn't a deal....

I almost want to ask the owner where she got it. It's hard to find something this small and low profile...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGal are your stones with the jeweler? Are you able to post any pictures of them loose before they go off to the setter?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1335742283|3183639 said:
TGal are your stones with the jeweler? Are you able to post any pictures of them loose before they go off to the setter?

I've got no idea where they are...somewhere in LA, I suppose. And no, I won't get them loose before they go to the setter. I'll be lucky if they remember to weigh them. ::)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just updating to say that 23rd street said they can do the work on the platinum band (will be interesting to see how it turns out) and I had to run to Charles Carmona today, and he kindly was able to confirm the gold content in the thinner band as 18K, so that's good! :appl:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
CADS for basic form. I approved them with the note that as long as the shank is thick enough with the smaller sides of the octagon that's fine. I don't want any stability or out of round issues in this ring.

Obviously, as with CAD, the final will be a lot more refined and will have the engraving.

CAD1.jpg

CAD2.jpg

CAD3.jpg

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
It's going to be stunning! Love that design. :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh. My. :love:

cheers--Sharon

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
W :love: W! This ring is going to be beautiful!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, it's gonna be amazing!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I just got back from them to pick up my other rings. Wow, is all I can say.

First, they did let me know the carat weight of the old cuts in the brooch.

Center: 1.15 carats (yay!)
Side 1: .48 carats (about expected)
Side 2L .41 carats (boo! :rodent: )

The sizes pretty much face up the same and the center is a bit wonky (all of those things I expected) but she said you won't notice it well at all in the ring.

The platinum band they sized for me, I have to look very hard to find the extra piece. In fact, Joni and I both struggled to find it in the shop. They also put my Amelia ring back into round and it looks perfect - as good as new.

I'll be back later tonight with pics of the platinum band if I can swing it, plus the Amelia/Leon ring before and after.

So far, very impressed with Joni/23rd street jewelers!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is your center 6.2mm or is it bigger now its out of the bezel? 1.15ct and 6.2mm would be a FAT stone! But good buy, your purchase has flipped over into a great steal with that center being so big, since a stone like that would cost you $2500+ on ebay if you could even find a steal like that!

One thing to think about: Can they make the shank a comfort fit at all? I personally don't like to wear squared shank rings.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results