shape
carat
color
clarity

Asschers/Step cut lovers... a steampunk wedding ring

nararabbit

Shiny_Rock
As some of you might remember, I've been hunting for the perfect pear diamond for a while now... recently though, I got so aggravated I decided to focus on something else for a while. Namely, my husband's wedding ring. When we got married, we didn't have much to our name and so he got a simple $99 Overstock.com band. We both still like it, but it seemed very unfair to me that I have a pricey family heirloom while he has something so utilitarian. So I decided for this Valentine's Day (actually, our anniversary was Jan 5, I just started planning too late :oops: ) to design him a new one that all the guys will envy!

He likes steampunk and victorian jewelry, so when I found a gear ring by Gary Swank jewelers, I thought it was perfect. On Etsy a lot of the pieces are quite simple, and made of silver - come to find out the father/daughter team had a lot of very modern, lovely, set-stone pieces at their gallery in Portland. I bought the diamond at James Allen - it's http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/F-VS2-Ideal-Cut-Asscher-Diamond-1456944.asphere - an F VS2, Excellent cut square emerald. What a little fireball!

Here is the design that's winging its way to me this upcoming Monday. I'm so excited I can barely stand it!

evs_ring_cad_small.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is SO INCREDIBLY COOL. I may have to follow in your footsteps one of these days - my husband's mad about the steampunk aesthetic! I hope you post many, many handshots.

kefira

Shiny_Rock
I absolutely love this ring! When I saw the thread title, I actually gasped with excitement. Please come back with many more pictures when you receive it - including hand shots, of course. It sounds like this is the perfect ring for your husband!

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is so awesome!!!! I've never seen anything like it. I wish my fiance would appreciate something like that. He just wants a big screen. :rolleyes: Post pics when you get it!

nararabbit

Shiny_Rock
D'awww, thanks for the kind words. I'm hoping he'll love it, as it's a surprise! The design is in rose gold to match my set. The setting, custom made from an existing design (including CADs), was only $1,500 + shipping. (for those that wonder at these things.) That's with rushing to get it done in 2 1/2 weeks. Chelsea, the daughter, has been excellent over email/etsy conversation, and they've been quite nice when I call. So we shall see, thus far I highly recommend them! :)

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow, that is darn cool! Can't wait to hear his reaction and see some handshots!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I can't wait to see the pictures. That ring is cool as can be!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whoa!!! That is one cool ring!!! Wow - I love that - so masculine!! Very neat - awesome choice narabbit!! Can't wait to hear how he likes it!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
I had no idea what your title meant, but I think it's very, very sweet of you to buy this for your DH (happy belated anniversary). And, whoa! That is a very cool ring! Please post pictures when you give it to him.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
ihy138|1328633526|3120914 said:
That is so awesome!!!! I've never seen anything like it. I wish my fiance would appreciate something like that. He just wants a big screen. :rolleyes: Post pics when you get it!

I felt bad that DH didn't want something with a bit more bling, but he said the same thing "I just want a 3D TV." :roll: He got the TV but I'm getting my upgrade too. :praise:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
ihy138|1328633526|3120914 said:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results