shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher or Radiant cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pugletlov

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend and I just began looking for engagement rings. I use to be a lover of the princess cut diamond but have recently been thinking seriously of an Asscher cut but I also have liked the Radiant cut diamonds. What would be anyones suggestions regarding which stone is better, more valuable, easier to find, or the one that I can get the best quality for the money. We are looking to spend around 20 to 30k and my preference is a 3 stone ring with either the radiant or the asscher in the center with trapizoid stones on the side. I have been reading up on Asscher cut stones and they seem quite complicated with finding a Royal as opposed to a square emerald cut. I guess I am just now more confused then ever and want that very extra special and fancy for my engagement! Please help!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are 2 totally different looks. You have a great budget for either one. It''s what speaks to you. Go try them on and see what you prefer. RA''s are very pretty, but so are SE''s. With any asscher you have to see the stone, or at least a pic. Can''t go by numbers alone. Good luck and we are here if you need any help!!!

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I have a radiant cut, so I am biased towards them, but I''ll try to answer some of your questions. As far as which stone is better, asscher or radiant, I can''t answer that. Only you will know which one you prefer. I like the radiant better. You said you used to like princess cuts, and sparkle of the radiant is more similar to the princess than the asscher is. I think the radiant sparkles more than the priness because all of the princess cuts I''ve seen have a dark area in the center that radiants don''t have. The asscher isn''t all about sparkle, but if it''s cut well, it will have that miles deep look that everyone wants in an asscher.

As far as being more valuable, I think the prices will be about the same for equal size, color, and clarity radiants and asschers. I know that the Royal Asscher is more expensive than a generic asscher, also called a square emerald cut. The problem with both radiants and asschers is that it''s hard to find them cut well. You may be searching for a while for a well cut diamond. I heavily used the AGA cut grade chart to help me make my decision. A well-cut radiant may be slightly easier to find than a well-cut asscher.

Hope this helps.

pugletlov

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much to the both of you! That information really helps me. I guess I will have to go out and visually see more of both diamonds to tell. Knowing me I believe I would want the Royal Asscher instead of the generic and like you said finding a good one that we can afford may be quite difficult, but we will continue the search. I think I am going to have a big decision ahead because I love the dimensions the steps give in the asscher but I am a "bling girl" and adore that sparkle that the Radiant gives off. So I will go put a few hundred on my finger and see what I love better.

Thanks again! This forum is the best and will definately share a picture when I finally make my decision.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results