shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher I or J in color

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock
hello there..

does anyone have a photo of a J or I asscher that I could see? I wonder just how yellow they appear. I haven''t seen anything under an H so I am having a problem visualizing.

Thanks!

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t have personal experience with them, but from what I have read, that cut might show more color thatn round brilliant.......esp in larger stone.....perhaps someone who knows more will chime in later
2.gif

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Maxine...this is the classic color v. size debate :)

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
how did you like the "h" color when you saw it?

beautifuldisaster

Shiny_Rock
I thought it was amazing :) I looove that stone!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought it was amazing :) I looove that stone!
ooooooh....not the triple "o" love!! is this stone "the one"?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/2/2005 11:17:55 AM
Author:beautifuldisaster
hello there..

does anyone have a photo of a J or I asscher that I could see? I wonder just how yellow they appear.
I don''t think a picture could give you the right idea - those "colors" are so faint they just do not show.

If "H" was "perfect" than "I" should make no difference. You might see some difference between H and J. But this is just a rule of thumb - face up cut will blutt these lines big time.

It would be nice to find a "J" to look at and decide starting from there. IMO at least.

lizzyd

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

I don''t know how much good this will do since color is so tough to transmit over computer monitors etc., but here is a link to the thread where I posted several pictures of a 3.14ct I IF asscher cut stone I was considering a while ago. I could not see any color in it at all. I decided not to buy it, but not because of the color. Good luck, here it is:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/would-you-like-to-see-pictures-of.26038/=

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ana posted this a while back, I think it may have been from DBL's site...it shows an F asscher and a K asscher so possibly give you some idea of the differences, as slight as they appear. Also of course it's hard to judge on a monitor but that's all we got here!
9.gif
Maybe it's just me but I think the K looks better, could be the cut as well. I think Asschers are vintage looking and classic...so I would not mind a J or K colored asscher with a bit more personality than an icy white one...that's what I *think* anyway, haven't tried them on so who knows. But I think a 2 or 3c J/K asscher in a vintage 1900's style setting would be just divine.

ana comparison colors.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you planning to look at asschers in person? Honestly, I cannot imagine purchasing w/out looking at different colors in person first!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results