shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher Cut Diamond Help (for a newbie)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JohnnyNavs

Rough_Rock
I''m looking into an Asscher Cut (square Emerald cut) diamond and here''s what I found so far:

.75 Carat, G color, VS2 clarity, I was told that it''s very square.

I''m not sure about the table and depth that I should be looking for. The price for this diamond is $2500.

I have a jeweler looking into it and he should be getting it in by the weekend or early next week so I can take a look at it and then I can check out the certification and all of the other characteristics.

My question is does this seem reasonable? Is it a good/bad deal with the information that I''ve given?

Thanks a lot in advance!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is very littel information - there is no way to tell what the stone is like and compare the price with anything precisely.

Assuming there is a GIA report with the stone and that the proportions are not extreme, the price sounds god to me
read.gif

There isn't much to say about what proportions would produce a brillaint stone with this shape, but you may find the AGA standard table for emerald cuts useful. Usually, Asscher style square emeralds 9meaning a non-branded stone liek the one you ordered) would be expected to have a smaller table, definitely below 65% and perhaps below 60%. This is just a "look" though a bit related to what the branded Royal Assher looks like.

This, at least as far as I know.

JohnnyNavs

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info.

I know I didn't post enough information - I'll post the exact specs when actually get to see the stone and get more information.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results