shape
carat
color
clarity

ASET images - dark blue arrows a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

echelon6

Shiny_Rock
Below are 2 ASET images. One with normal blue colored arrows, the other with darker blue / black arrows.

Are dark blue / black arrows a problem? e.g. do they indicate leakage of light?

Also one image shows a green centre, whilst the other shows a red / green centre. I''ve also seen ASET images showing purely red centres. From a light performance viewpoint, which is preferable?

Thanks

ASET78934792.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Take a look at this thread, where John Quixote discusses ASET and how to interpret the results. Also bear in mind ACA diamonds are consistently superb, so nothing to worry about!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
difference in the blue is not an issue and likely more a difference in photos than anything.
one likely has a pavilion of around 40.7 and the other 40.8 which explains the green vs red.
Properly set up it switches color at aprox 40.75 degrees.
Its not an issue if the c/p angle relationship is right and being ACA they are.

echelon6

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/14/2007 12:42:23 PM
Author: strmrdr
difference in the blue is not an issue and likely more a difference in photos than anything.

one likely has a pavilion of around 40.7 and the other 40.8 which explains the green vs red.

Thats what I suspect. But I can''t get over the fact that, technically, black = light leakage according to John Quixote''s post linked to above. (read that a while ago btw, doesn''t answer my questions re black arrows).

Also regarding another diamond a while ago with the same problem (black arrows in ASET image), I asked WF to redo the ASET image, suspecting it was a photographic error, and was told that "these images don''t change".

So.... leakage?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2007 1:02:20 PM
Author: echelon6

Thats what I suspect. But I can''t get over the fact that, technically, black = light leakage according to John Quixote''s post linked to above. (read that a while ago btw, doesn''t answer my questions re black arrows).

Also regarding another diamond a while ago with the same problem (black arrows in ASET image), I asked WF to redo the ASET image, suspecting it was a photographic error, and was told that ''these images don''t change''.

So.... leakage?
nope not leakage.
I see dark blue not black.
Something has to be way out of wack for the pavilion mains to leak.
Thats not the case with ACA''s
hmmmm back in a bit im going to play with DC to see if I can make them leak.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok the results are in for a symmetrical stone I had to go down too a 38.75 pavilion to get a spec of leakage over the mains with a 34.8 crown.
Here is a ASET 30 white image (leakage is white instead of black so it shows up better).
In other words it isnt happening that the arrows are showing leakage in those images you posted.

3483875.jpg

echelon6

Shiny_Rock
How did you know the crown < was 34.8? (you''re spot on)

Thats a relief, that the crappy black-blue is not what I thought it was

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/14/2007 1:35:41 PM
How did you know the crown < was 34.8? (you''re spot on)

Storm has given you excellent information. I am going to guess that the blackish blue is a photography matter not anything more.

Wink

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2007 1:35:41 PM
How did you know the crown < was 34.8? (you're spot on)

its an ACA so it will be 34.7 or 34.8 about ~90%+(guessing based on limited observation) of the time.
Occasionally a 35 or 34.9 or a 34.6 will make it in but they aren't as common in ACA's.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/14/2007 1:02:20 PM

Date: 7/14/2007 12:42:23 PM
Author: strmrdr

Also regarding another diamond a while ago with the same problem (black arrows in ASET image), I asked WF to redo the ASET image, suspecting it was a photographic error, and was told that ''these images don''t change''.

So.... leakage?
You would be better off seeing leakage with ideal-scope pic as it is clearly white.

The AGS ASET photo set up is being worked on as the original system that WF are struggling with is a bit of a woofer

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results