shape
carat
color
clarity

Artistic Jewelery Designer

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
Looking to make a pendant from some stones that I have for my FI.

I want something non-standard and artistic and am looking for suggestions on who to work with.

I know RDG would probably be top choice for some but I suspect they wouldn't take my project on.

Any other suggestions?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
David Klass or Caysie van Bebber?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have any inspiration pictures? "Artistic" can have so many meanings, it would be much easier to narrow the list of options with more concrete direction ::)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I would honestly try Caysie van Bebber, as well, considering some of the beautiful things she has designed. See CVB Inspired Design on FB)

But if you would give us just a hint of what you are thinking of, we might be able to match the best designer.

I also like Hunt Country for a different style of pendant.

http://www.huntcountry.com/products/pendants-necklaces/

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock
You might consider contacting an artisan. James Meyer and Ann McKay come to mind. Maybe consider asking a younger jewelery artisan from a reputable trade school like North Bennett street school on Boston. They are always looking to commission interesting pieces to add to their portfolio.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohyes please provide examples! Sounds fun whatever it is. When I think "artistic" I think "unique", but of course I'm not sure what you're envisioning.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
teobdl|1401311235|3681960 said:
You might consider contacting an artisan. James Meyer and Ann McKay come to mind. Maybe consider asking a younger jewelery artisan from a reputable trade school like North Bennett street school on Boston. They are always looking to commission interesting pieces to add to their portfolio.

I don't think JM or AM will work with customer stones.

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock
Good catch--JM does not take outside stones. Ann McKay does or at least as of late last summer she did. Prices are super reasonable as well.

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
What about Greenlake Jewelry? http://www.greenlakejewelry.com/

I was going to have them create my wedding band - I wanted an antique wedding band to go with my antique e-ring, hand-carved. I went to them because I was having trouble finding an authentic antique in my ring size. Prices were reasonable. When I e-mailed to inquire, I was assigned a designer and she created sketches for me. The process would be, she did the design, I approve, then she works with the goldsmith to create the piece.

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all of the replies!

I'll check out some of these, and I'll look for some inspiration pics.

However I suspect I wont find much, cause what I had in mind is kinda out there.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you at least describe it?

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
LOL Here we go, hope this makes sense!

So the outline of the pendant would be of a heart, a real human heart, not the other kind of heart. But I'd like it to be abstract, reminiscent of a heart, not an actual heart shape (that would be kinda gruesome).

One side of it should be angular and geometric like this:
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/452031661.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=B53F616F4B95E55389B65CFB44EF496442E4BAB62F01ECEFC7EC3DA17A067CA8
And the other side curvy and flowing like this:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ZaHvHwPd8-Q/TQZfE23-h_I/AAAAAAAACf8/3V4CRxeu9zA/s320/alfred-gockel-abstract-heart-ii.jpg

The inside of the pendant would also be split into two sides, sort of like a ying yang symbol, sort of like the different sides of a heart. Could be millgrain or just a border/edge of some kind. Set in each side would be a small stone (sort of like the dots on the two side of the ying yang symbol, top left/bottom right or something like that).

I would consider two different metals for the two sides if it could work and look good. PD White Gold/Platinum maybe?

Wedding present, two hears become one, all of that.

Clear as mud? Anyone specific come to mind?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Green lake jewelers comes to mind for that.

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
I'm in the Greater Toronto Area.

I looked when I was looking for my FI ering, and found a great one to do the ring, but no one I saw seemed like they would be good for a project like this.

If anyone has a suggestion from this area, let me know.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results