shape
carat
color
clarity

Are these worth it? If so, which one?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lugerxu

Rough_Rock
I''m looking to buying a princess cut...would like to stay under 4K w/setting. I know it''s easier to tell the quality with the crown angle, but I don''t have it available on any of them. I know the basics of what I''m looking for, but need expertise on:

1.) If these are good buys.
2.) If so, which one over the other.
3.) What improvements could I look for to find a more ideal one?

G
VS1
Cut: Ideal
Pol/Sym: EX
Depth: 67.7
Table: 70
Girdle: MED
Culet: Non
Measurements: 5.26 x 5.27 x 3.57
Price:$2,984

F
VS1
Depth: 68.5
Table: 69
Measurements: 5.20 x 5.18 x 3.55
Price: $3055

G
VVS1
Depth: 67.9
Table: 68
Measurements: 5.16 x 5.17 x 3.51
Price: $3116

I greatly appreciate any help. I''m trying to woo my girlfriend away with a good quality diamond
21.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
there is no standard for an "Ideal" princess cut.. so this is just the seller's opinion. Not that the proportions are off - but there is no indication that these stones would me more brilliant than their less 'Ideal" peers.

For that, much more info is needed. Since it is not possible to compare dozens of diamodns side-by side to choose from in person, comparing them to a standard is the way to go. And sure so, some princess diamodns are sold with such standard tests.

For example THIS. Regardless of seller, such detailed presentation gives something to talk about. The data on the GIA cert are greta, but make about 30% of the story
1.gif
Besides, you definitely did a greta job tacking these limited detailes - so once color, clarity, depth and table are set within desirable limits (as these three stones have them), brilliance remains the main selection factor - as far as I understand. And the GIA stats say little about it.
read.gif

And here are two more ( G-VVS2 and with full stats in place. It would be great to have comparable info about the three you listed for comparison. As is, choosing among them is just a gamble...

I would definitely let the tests of brilliance and size decide between these two, keeping in mind the details about optics and the proportions described in detail
2.gif

lugerxu

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input! I had another question - I've read that your table should not be higher than the depth. Is this correct? If so, would the two being equal affect the stone too much?

Thanks!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 8/19/2004 11:07:27 AM lugerxu wrote:

Thanks for the input! I had another question - I've read that your table should not be higher than the depth. Is this correct? If so, would the two being equal affect the stone too much?

Thanks!----------------

Again... I have not seen the technical analysis on which this word of wisedom is based. It really helps to have some measurement of light return. I would not just go with the GIA stats and a rule of thumb. But that's just me, of course
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results