shape
carat
color
clarity

Are Richard Landi settings really this expensive???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
Perhaps I was confused, but I asked for a price quote on this setting:

ldr188.jpg

and was given a price of $5000... for the SETTING (in platinum, for a size 5 finger, for a ~.75 center princess-cut stone)! Now, it''s a very nice setting and all, but that seems like rather a lot to ask for it.

Is there something I''m missing here? Is this in some way a nicer setting than I realize?

And, on the off chance, is there something that looks like this which is priced more reasonably?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sides included
rolleyes.gif
And how big ?

That one is by no means impossible to get otherwise - not an absolute bargain though.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I've seen some of RLandi's work and it is incredible. His designs are his and his alone and the craftsmanship is 2nd to none. On a trillion setting however, if you're not in love with the design and you're open to other suggestions you can get a very pretty setting with trillions the same size for considerably less. The *catch* with designer brands (be it Scott Kay, Jeff Cooper, Vatche', Richard Landi, etc.) is their goal is to hook you on their design. Hook you on it to a point that THAT is the only setting you will want and there is only one way to get that setting. Through one of their authorized distributors. Same thing could also be said for Verragio. Their designs are all their own. They lure you in ... they got ya and if you want their product you pay the price or leave it. We carry some designer brands for the simple reason that people want them and there is no other place to get the *identical* ring unless you want to do business with a company that infringes on the copywrites of others. Depending on the style of ring most stores that carry brands can generally offer a similar alternative that is less money. It will not look *identical* to the brand but can sometimes be close. The tiffany lucida ring is a good example of this as many companies have come out with "x" prongs that look very similar.

The question you have to ask yourself is are you in love with *that* setting or are you open to other options?

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
I'm certainly open to other options -- one of my other favorite settings is a pave x-prong from Vatche, so I'm all over the place. What I liked about that was the trill sidestones and the engraving. It's somewhat Art Deco without actually being Art Deco (and thus is in a possible comprimse area between me and my SO
1.gif
).

If anyone sees a setting like that, please let me know, I've looked at so many by now (and so many with terrible workmanship!) that I'm getting a little frustrated...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
read.gif
LINK

Others might be even closer to your subject, but I wasn't going to spoil your pleasure of browsing the respective collection! I could hardly immagine Landi's are even better made - regardless, I would be amazed if the respective source proves disapointing. Cost? Again Landi's minus sapphire and sidestones
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results