shape
carat
color
clarity

Are eternity band uncomfortable?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
I am wondering if I could here from some of the eternity band wearers out there. How does it feel to have rocks and prongs between your fingers vs. feeling smooth metal between your fingers? Is it uncomfortable? Does it depend on the style or the type of prongs? Also, if an eternity band spins on your finger, and you are constantly using your hand to grab, push, pull whatever, wouldn''t the metal in the underside get scratched and then as it spins, eventually, all the metal all the way around would show wear, unlike how a traditional, stones just across the top ring would? Thanks!

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
I have a memoire 1.54ctw eternity (about 2mm wide), size 6, and it is very comfortable to wear. My ring size is between 5.5 and 6, so it spins a little. The prongs are smoother and less noticeable than on other eternity bands that I have tried on, but they definitely catch a stray sweater fuzz once in awhile. I''m very careful when I wear the ring, and try not to hit the bottom on hard objects. It helps that I''m right handed, I guess. If you get a larger carat weight band, it might feel more uncomfortable. I also tried on the 2ctw+ memoire, and I thought it was too bulky on my hands, but it''s really about personal preference. Your best bet is to try on as many different types of bands as possible first.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a channel set one and that was very comfortable. I have tried on the bigger ones with prongs and that would bother me on a regular basis.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I think it depends on how big the diamonds are and how thick the profile is, and also how smooth the prongs are. A channel set eternity band would eliminate the prongs so that might be more comfortable.

Personally, I prefer a half eternity band because I have my rings soldered together anyway, so turning is not a problem and I like the feel of smooth metal. I also want the option of being able to size my rings and don''t necessarily want my diamonds getting the wear under my fingers. But it''s all personal preference.

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
I have a RB shared prong eternity band form Signed Pieces. Size 4.75, 1.68ctw. Maybe I''m just used to it, but I don''t even notice it anymore. It only took a couple of days to get used to when I got it.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I never felt the channel set eternity ring I had, but absolutely do "feel" the shared prong "asscher" eternity ring I own. Yet I love it and wear it almost daily on my RH.

cheers--Sharo0n

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I wore a 1.5 tcw shared prong eternity band for a few days before deciding to make it a half-eternity because it was too uncomfortable. I''m still getting a full eternity, but have decided to go ahead and get a channel set one next so that it''s more comfortable. I think I could have gotten used to how it felt between my fingers, but I couldn''t get used to having to constantly take it off to do things like wash my face (it scratched my face more than once) or to take a shower.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 10:40:04 AM
Author: Jenn5504
I have a RB shared prong eternity band form Signed Pieces. Size 4.75, 1.68ctw. Maybe I''m just used to it, but I don''t even notice it anymore. It only took a couple of days to get used to when I got it.
Mine is a half eternity like Jenn''s. It can be a little scratchy between the fingers but you get used to it. Sometimes when my fingers squish together I notice the ring more. A channel set is definitely more comfortable. If you like to look of shared prong you do get used to it, but I don''t think I personally would use the word "comfortable" to describe it. Just "not bothering anymore." Just my 2c. I personally think it is worth the occasional minor inconvenience because the diamonds are super sparkly in the prong set and I get a lot of compliments on my ring and I love to look at it.

DD

md74

Rough_Rock
I have a flexible diamond band (that''s what they call it) ring from HW. It has three rows of prong set diamonds prong set flexibly, like a bracelet. It is really comfortable. I wear it all the time, and have only had one prong replaced. I have it checked every so often, but that is the only time it has needed any maintenance. I love it!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree it depends on the setting (and diamond size). I have a channel set one and it is VERY comfortable. Feels the same as a regular band. But with a ring with a higher profile people have complained about comfort.

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
thanks everyone for responding! i tried on a small eternity over the weekend and didn''t think i could live with the feeling. it had milgrain on each end, but the stones were prong set, i guess you would call it pave, but not tiny pave? i thought the edges were rough on my finger. i wondered if they all felt like that. i can see how channel with smooth edges would be best, but i dont think that goes with my jewelery style. i think id rather be comfortable than just "get used to" the feeling, as someone put it (which was a good way to put it, thanks!). im looking at little band from WF online. its small and probably would not cause too much discomfort, but maybe i should jsut stick with regular. i would be worried constantly about slamming my hand on something and damaging the bottom. the ring i like is actually 3/4, but i think there is enough coverage that there would be stone exposure at the bottom. thanks though, your words helped me out!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 2 eternity bands are very comfortable.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
i have a shared prong RB 2.56ctw eternity ring that i wear on my RH every so often. it''s in a size 6.5 it feels very comfy for me.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do think that it is probably something that you would get used to...like a new pair of shoes, lol.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I have a very comfortable Ritani shared prong ring and I also agree it''s something you get used to.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results