shape
carat
color
clarity

Appraiser in South Bay Area?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sapphic

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know of an appraiser in the south bay? I have been to Walnut Creek and wasn''t particularly impressed and felt the prices to be on the high side. I was charged over 200 for a loose stone inspection and left with an empty feeling and not much in terms of documentation.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
you saw nancy stacy in walnut creek? when you say no documentation what do you mean? our appraisal was something like 10 pages long. she does not have the fancy tools like sarin or bscope but she has all the basics and an idealscope which is more than some would! we paid about $300 for our appraisal of a loose stone and two sets of earrings; and about $150 for a second loose stone later i think.

there aren't any other independent appraisers i could find locally other than her...i asked her if she recommended anyone and she did have a recommendation in SF and i think maybe one in palo alot or burlinggame? however if you want a quick verification i love willow glen jewelers on lincoln, they do internet verifications for $75.00 with a bit of paperwork i have heard. i also have taken them ebay purchases and they verify that the items are diamond and give undocumented opinions on color/clarity for free..i love them for a quickie visit. they also sell eightstars so it's fun to look!

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
Hey I was drawn to this as here in Los angeles we call one of our areas South Bay. So I guess ou are looking for a North South Bay Appraisor. Hehehe

sapphic

Rough_Rock
Mara,

I brought my loose stone to her and she looked at it but at the end of it all, I received only a receipt. I am not sure where my $200+ went. I did not get much in terms paperwork or really a good discussion of the diamond. I feel that most of the time I was just waiting and after which I was just viewing the diamond for myself. I took the diamond home thereafter and have gotten to look at the stone with my own idealscope, which was much better lit than hers as I have the entire kit with the light.

Perhaps all I paid for was for her to say this is indeed the stone that is on the cert? It seems like I paid quite a steep price for that. And if I want to get an appraisal, I have to pay another $200+? Seems quite over-priced.

Sapphic

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sapphic, did you ask her what came with your appraisal before you brought it to her and/or paid the bill?

When I contacted her I asked what I was getting and she mailed the final paperwork and appraisal to us within a week after our meeting.

I find it hard to believe that you paid $200 for her to just look at the stone, that does not sound right at all considering that is basically what we paid for the whole shebang. Quite possibly you can contact her and find out if there is any paperwork forthcoming.

bettyboop

Rough_Rock
Mara,
I''m agreement with you as well. I had Nancy appraise my diamond, which was already set in my setting and we ended up with a 4 page document, 2 pages of which was our Gemprint analysis. After reading all the posts here on pricescope, i would love to have a Sarin test done on my stone and may end up doing that in the near future.

Betty

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Sapphic, perhaps your appraisal report is in the mail?
I too have had a ring appraised by Nancy Stacy, and was flabbergasted by the heft of the report.
The paperwork was mailed to me. If you haven''t received it, you should give her a ring. It may be lost in the mail.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results