shape
carat
color
clarity

Appraisal Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ksbug

Rough_Rock
My fiance and I are getting ready to purchase a 3 stone setting and side stones from Whiteflash next week. Do we need to have the individual side stones appraised before we have them set them or given the reputation of Whiteflash, would it beprudent to go ahead and have them set and then have the ring appraised? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!
1.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I usually advise my clients that if the vendor supplies a lot of upfront information (ie major lab report, photos, optical images or report, etc.), and the client has a good opinion of the vendor, and is confident they are getting a fair price, then it's probably okay to go ahead and have the stones set with a subsequent appraisal on the finished ring.

It's practical in that it's quicker, cheaper, involves less to-&-fro shipping, and gives the client a document they can use immediately for insurance (most insurance companies won't insure loose stones).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results