shape
carat
color
clarity

Anything to keep in mind regarding seperate purchase of diamond and pendant setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AussieNic

Rough_Rock
Hi,

My first post here :) been lurking for a few weeks though. Through my lurking, I have fallen in love with the bezel pendants around here. So, I''m wondering, I know that I want a bezel setting, think i am leaning towards a slider?? not sure if I want yellow gold or platinum?

I came across a site mentioned,that is here in Australia, Jogia. I have found a Round, 0.3ct (don''t really want to go more than this) H, SI1, H&A, for $AU511. http://www.jogiadiamonds.com.au/diamonds/diamonditem.php?code=CXF2049

DH has checked it out, quite happy to purchase it, but I''m wondering.....is there any set thing I should be looking at regarding buying a diamond, that will be set in a pendant? Does it differ from diamond buying for a ring?

Nic

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/5/2010 9:27:13 PM
Author:AussieNic
Hi,

My first post here :) been lurking for a few weeks though. Through my lurking, I have fallen in love with the bezel pendants around here. So, I'm wondering, I know that I want a bezel setting, think i am leaning towards a slider?? not sure if I want yellow gold or platinum?

I came across a site mentioned,that is here in Australia, Jogia. I have found a Round, 0.3ct (don't really want to go more than this) H, SI1, H&A, for $AU511. http://www.jogiadiamonds.com.au/diamonds/diamonditem.php?code=CXF2049

DH has checked it out, quite happy to purchase it, but I'm wondering.....is there any set thing I should be looking at regarding buying a diamond, that will be set in a pendant? Does it differ from diamond buying for a ring?

Nic
Hi Nic and welcome!

Lets take a look for you....

The diamond looks very nice, the depth is as deep as I like to go for this type of diamond. I can't see the hearts images that clearly but from what I can tell it looks good. Buying a pendant stone can differ from buying for a ring, with a pendant you can go for shallower proportioned stones as issues such as obstruction ( visible darkening of the stone when viewed closely) don't apply to pendants due to different viewing angles. Shallower proportioned stones can look large for the weight and be very bright and brilliant, however in some cases the fire or coloured light can be reduced. Shallow stones normally score less than 1 on the Holloway Cut Advisor as a general guideline and often have less depth and crown and pavilion angles 40.6

AussieNic

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for the welcome and reply, Lorelei.
It has helped me out a bit more.. Thinking I may extend my search to some overseas vendors..

Thanks again

Nic

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2010 10:46:13 PM
Author: AussieNic
Thank you so much for the welcome and reply, Lorelei.
It has helped me out a bit more.. Thinking I may extend my search to some overseas vendors..

Thanks again

Nic
You are very welcome Nic, if you have any more questions don''t hesitate to ask!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results