shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone own a Strong Blue Fluorescent Stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wanderlost

Shiny_Rock
Just wanting to hear your opinion of them after having one in real-life... I realize it can help with ''facing up white'' on a lower color stone, and have read information about them being marketed as ''blue-whites'' in the 70s.... but don''t have a whole lot of information beyond that. I''ve read some of the MANY posts on the subject, but see that it hasn''t come up in a while as well....

any pictures or experience would be excellent.

(what I''m looking at is a REALLY beautiful stone with a phenominal HCA=0.6).... I just had previously limited my search to med. blue (figuring a little would be neat....) how much variance exists between an average med. blue designation and a strong blue?

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmmm... I posted some pics of a strong blue fluor stone (D color) that will be mine by September, but I don't have it in hand right now. What I do have right now are three stones... two Ds with medium blue, and an E with strong blue. Let me know if you'd like to see them (I don't have good pics showing the fluor yet, because as you know, we're drowning in rain here)...

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I have med-strong flourescence on a 4-stone wedding band (stones are 55-60 pts ea) and F-G color...there is a picture of it in my thread in SMTR (The REAL Ideal...)

I have heard that you need strong flour to get the affect and "minimal" or "faint" is basically nothing... but another jeweler told me that medium to strong makes a difference... maybe one of the epxerts here can weigh in on this point???
confused.gif

I am a big fan of flour and would never turn away a diamond that had it...People are always saying how sparkly that 4 stone is and I swear the flour has soemhting to do with it, esp in flourescent office lighting...bling!
1.gif

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
fire&ice has one, but I've been unable to find the posts if she ever showed pictures of it (though there is some lovely silver jewelery that she's taken pictures of). perhaps she'd like to chime in (or you could PM her)
1.gif

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
This thread has many pictures of my Regent stone with strong blue fluor. Good luck!
5.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Hi - I'm a terrible diamond photographer - but my ring is pictured in the FAQ section under the thread "I's set in platinum" - or something like it.

The cert said mine was Medium Blue. The GIA Gemologist said it was much closer to strong - no doubt. He showed me under the UV & yes, it matched much closer to the strong one.

That said, I love the look. All of my stones (.70 f, 1.25 G, & 3 c I) have blue fluor. Some may not like the look. To me, it looks more "plugged in". When shopping for our Anniv. stone (the 3c) I viewed a couple of I's w/o any fluor & they had a much warmer color (yellow hue) than my I w/ fluor. Maybe it's me, but I gravitate towards stones w/ fluor. I can pick them out in the lower colors.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 7/24/2004 10:13:40 AM chialea wrote:

fire&ice has one, (though there is some lovely silver jewelery that she's taken pictures of).
1.gif
----------------

Thanks. That is my real passion. Diamonds are a side bar to my designer silver jewelry collecting.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I wear a 1.85 highly blue fluorescent round every day. It makes an excellent man's ring stone as it is "different" and does some unexpected things. Sometimes it is a little purplish blue and hazy eventhough it is an ideal cut....

It was different enough for me to enjoy it.

In my wife's large diamond ring, her side diamonds are 3/4 ct each. While the center is not fluorescent, the side diamonds are highly blue fluorescent and add an bit of unusual character to the ring's overall look. She finds it has some added eye appeal that the sides stones change in different lighting.

What does all this prove? Fluourescence is a phenomena that you can choose to accept or reject. It makes diamonds look different sometimes and that may appeal to a few of you. For the majority of people, we know that invisible fluorescence is what is most commonly preferred. Prices tend to follow demand, so you do pay somewhat less for the strongly fluorescent stones.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Quick Old Miner, call the cops! Alert Leonid. Some young punk has hijacked your beautiful avatar and put some hideous beach bum with a badly eroded midsection in its place!

Wink

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 7/24/2004 12:23:42 PM Wink wrote:

Quick Old Miner, call the cops! Alert Leonid. Some young punk has hijacked your beautiful avatar and put some hideous beach bum with a badly eroded midsection in its place!

Wink
----------------

ROFL...Wink, you bad boy. You know that's a pic of Atlas.

Shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results