shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have exprieneced K color Lazare Kaplan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dyemonds2002

Shiny_Rock
I have just purchased a Lazare Kaplan ideal cut stone I-1 K color has anyone had exprienece with there K color and have pics and would this stone still have fire to it and brillance despite its clarity and color i do know the table is eyeclean from what ive heard have not seen yet anyones input would sure be appreciated oh and i did pay 275.00 for the stone was that worth it any experts Thank you its a .25 stone by the way

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I''m not an expert, but I do not think that clarity/color affect fire/sparkle. That is where the cut comes into play.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
How large is your stone? We can''t have any idea what it''s worth without knowing the size.

I wear a K/L stone that sparkles beautifully because it''s well cut. Color doesn''t affect fire and brilliance. Neither should I1 clarity, if it''s truly I1, not I2 or I3. You might see some spots or flaws in it, but it should still sparkle if it''s well cut.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
No, it''s an old european cut from the 1910s. But the color and clarity still don''t affect the sparkle, the cut does. If yours is well cut, it should sparkle regardless of K color and I1 clarity.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Clarity could impair a diamond's 'sparkle' if the clarity was so low that there were numerous inclusions that affected the light return of the diamond back to the viewer's eye. Not sure who graded this I1 but chances are in a stone this small with a branded name (aka it was probably GIA?) that you are more than fine with the clarity and the sparkle...oh and the K should not affect sparkle of the stone at all.

dyemonds2002

Shiny_Rock
Mara i looked it up on there list and a jeweler is calling it in for me it is indeed a I-1 K color hallmarked inscribed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results