shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have a round stone with a cushion shaped halo??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondnut

Brilliant_Rock
Please post pictures!!!

I fell in love with these Bev K earrings but want to use a pair of round diamonds that I have as the center stones. I was all set to go until it occurred to me that if I use round stones, the width of the halo won't be uniform all the way around anymore. The width by the four corners will be wider than the 4 sides. Hope this makes sense.

I know people have done this before (round stone with cushion halo) but I can't recall how it was done or what it looks like. I think some might be prong set but I do prefer bezel set. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Or another way to look at it is, do you think it really makes a huge difference that the width around the 4 corners will be slightly wider than the 4 sides?? I suppose there will be more metal showing there. Do you think that ruins the look of the earrings?

47PP28.jpg

stone_seeker

Shiny_Rock
Not sure what you mean. I bought my gf round diamond studs that have smaller round stones in a halo around the center round and it looks great. There is a very small space in between the center round and the halo which make it very symmetrical and so I would think they can be done with this style as well.

stone_seeker

Shiny_Rock
Actually, i think I just got your question. Are you saying you want to keep the shape of the earring more cushion-like / square but use a round stone in the center? So you dont want round earrings but want them more square? I dont think I have seen that before but the space on the corners would be minimal and wouldnt bother me. Maybe they can use a slightly thicker bezel with milgrain so would blend in nicely.

Maybe someone can photoshop that in for you - unfortunately I dont know how.

plethora23

Shiny_Rock
I do. Not sure if this helps you since it''s not earrings and it is prong set not bezel. Scroll down for a few more pictures. Love the earrings by the way!
30.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/early-anniversary-present-my-re-set-is-here.91705/

AndyMN

Rough_Rock
Trade
I''m not saying that I think the rounds can''t look good in a cushion setting, but are you opposed to setting them into round bezels? The look kind of reminds me of Charles Krypell.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results