shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have a fire polished diamond?

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone have a fire polished diamond (increases dispersion)?

How do you like it? Did you buy it that way or have it done to a stone you already had? Can it be done with any shape of diamond? Is it expensive?

Thanks.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I believe you would normally have it done to a diamond after purchase, but it is possible that some vendors are carrying them already set.

I do not sell them and do not know anything about pricing, but I can tell you that as much as I like dispersion, I do not like these. I saw them at the JCK show last year and was instantly turned off. They are too dispersive and remind me of the old diamond imitation, strontium titanate.

Even though it is a genuine diamond it will look like a cheap fake in my opinion.

Wink

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wink|1373487183|3480432 said:
I believe you would normally have it done to a diamond after purchase, but it is possible that some vendors are carrying them already set.

I do not sell them and do not know anything about pricing, but I can tell you that as much as I like dispersion, I do not like these. I saw them at the JCK show last year and was instantly turned off. They are too dispersive and remind me of the old diamond imitation, strontium titanate.

Even though it is a genuine diamond it will look like a cheap fake in my opinion.

Wink
I haven't seen one yet but FWIW, I think Strontium Titanate is COOL. I must admit, if I wanted one I would just try to buy a real ST rather than try and make a diamond look like one.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LOL! I loved ST when it came out, but NOT as a diamond imitation, it was horrible as a diamond imitation, but like Mystic Topaz it has an allure all on its own for what it really is.

Wink

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much ! I guess it gives lots of areas of small color rather than fewer but larger areas of color?

CopperTop

Rough_Rock
I don't have one BUT I see them often at my local haunt (where I ogle estate and colored diamonds).

They have much more 'fire'. It's almost a cartoonish amount of rainbow colors! There is also an interesting rectangular effect due to the areas they choose to polish. In the diamonds I looked at, the area was a rectangle along the edges of each facet. Where the polish stops the edges are very pronounced... It reminded me of tiny strips of iridescent scotch tape on each bottom facet. It would most likely interfere with the contrast of H&A that some people love.

I will get pics next time I am in town.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much Copper Top! So for someone who loves larger areas of color flash, this sounds like it would't be for me. I need to look for a video somewhere of it. Interesting technology, though, for sure.

CopperTop

Rough_Rock
I like broad flashes as well which is why I'm hoping and praying for a vintage style cushion like an AVC :)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fire is my favorite part of a diamond, but i cant decide if I like this or hate this

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
They mention on their site that the process causes the stone to lose no weight. In the event that someone didn't like the results, could the process be reversed by simply having the stone re-polished? Of course there are always risks involved but a person might be more inclined to try it if they knew that it could be reversed should they be unhappy with the results.

I'd really like to see one but it appears that my nearest dealer is 100 miles away in another state. :((

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
delight|1373599553|3481570 said:
I think Good Old Gold has some videos on fire polished diamonds.

Well, I know what I'm off to search!

I'm intrigued by the concept of this, because I love fire ... but I also love old cuts. I wonder how something like this would look on an old-style cut like the AVC.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1373639703|3481748 said:
delight|1373599553|3481570 said:

Well, I know what I'm off to search!

I'm intrigued by the concept of this, because I love fire ... but I also love old cuts. I wonder how something like this would look on an old-style cut like the AVC.

I couldn't find the gog one but there were vids on YouTube.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh there's one like 20 mins from my house. I may have to make a trip tomorrow! :Up_to_something:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reminds me of mystic topaz except that the background colour is now "white". :lol: Wow, it sure does look artificial. Niel, looking forward to reading your "report".

SweetAsscher

Shiny_Rock
Looks almost exactly like those hologram holographic stickers. Kind of cool, but I think not for me. Maybe for a small pair of studs.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
In the videos on their website the stones look a whole lot like the moissanite stones I own, not sure I'd want to do that to a diamond!

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
delight said:

Hi, can someone pls post the link to the GOG fire polished diamonds? Thanks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results