shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone had experience with Diamonds Direct?

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
http://www.diamonds-direct.com/
They recently opened a store in Austin. My mom has been looking for a pendant and I was able to find the style that she wants and they gave me a fairly good quote.
I just want to see if anybody has bought from there and what's your experience like?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been to the one in Charlotte. They have the best selection of settings that I know of in the area. They have a nice selection of designer jewelry as well. I did look at diamonds there when I was first looking, but they just didn't have a wide selection of excellet/ideal cuts. And I could do better on price from vendors here. But it is a great place to look for settings or other jewelry pieces such as diamond hoops and that kind of thing. They have periodic sales, so never pay full price there. If you find something you like, ask when the next sale is and maybe they will offer you the 20% off now! Tacori E-ring did get a bezel diamond pendant there because she said she didn't care about super duper ideal cut on that particular piece and it was pretty! But I am not sure how it would have compared in price to one here since I don't know the diamond specs or price.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your input~ Since it's going to be a pendant in yellow gold, I picked a 0.8ct K VS2 GIA vg/vg/vg which scored 1.5 on HCA and I think with everything the price is very good compare to other ps vendor since most of them don't have much of a pendant selection.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They say that they'll price match, so you can do a search and see if any drop-shipper vendors have a lower price on a diamond with the same specs. But I am sure it will be a pretty pendant!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1363188683|3403881 said:
They say that they'll price match, so you can do a search and see if any drop-shipper vendors have a lower price on a diamond with the same specs. But I am sure it will be a pretty pendant!

Thank you. That's what I did. Was able to knock out $900 on the price =)
Since my mother lives in a different state I just want to make sure the quality of the craftmen hip they offer will be good so she wouldn't have to send it back to get fix or etc.

wbarnwell

Shiny_Rock
I've dealt with them in Birmingham. I think they do a good job so long as you are very specific about what you are looking for. They price matched with me on quote from a PS vendor and beat it by $100.00. I just had a hard time getting them to find me a diamond with the specs that I was looking for. Their policies and warranties are also very good. Honestly, I would recommend them.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
wbarnwell|1363193857|3403943 said:
I've dealt with them in Birmingham. I think they do a good job so long as you are very specific about what you are looking for. They price matched with me on quote from a PS vendor and beat it by $100.00. I just had a hard time getting them to find me a diamond with the specs that I was looking for. Their policies and warranties are also very good. Honestly, I would recommend them.

Thank you for your input. I just put a 20% deposit down so this made me feel much better. Since my mom trusted me to help her to do this project, I don't really want to mess up =)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results