shape
carat
color
clarity

Anybody wish they had not resized their ring smaller?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nevlossiel

Rough_Rock
I got my e-ring just a couple of weeks ago, in the heat of summer. At 5.5, it fit perfectly. But today the temp dropped below 70 degrees--and I noticed the ring was sliding just a tad. I know I can easily have it sized down to 5.25, but I''m concerned that I should go with a temporary fix like a plastic ring guard for now because what if I need it larger later in life? Sure, I can have it resized again, back up to a 5.5 or whatever, but repeated resizing could weaken the metal.

I figured the average high temp in Chicago, where I live, and it comes out to about 60 degrees if you average the average highs for each month.

I don''t want resizing beads because I think they''ll bother my finger. But I don''t know whether those plastic guards can resize my ring just a tiny amount--1/4 size.

Thoughts? Wait a while and see if my finger shrinkage today was an aberration?

Oleander

Shiny_Rock
When I was getting fit for my rings, I chose a size that was snug, and didn't consider swelling in the summertime. My rings fit really well in spring and fall, and in winter are slightly big, but won't fall off. But in the summer, they are unbearable! I rarely wear them during the summer, and when I do, it's almost painful.

Stupidly, I have had these rings for seven years and never sized them. I have just now finally decided that the change in my summer finger diameter is large enough that I need to do something about it. So I am going to have the rings sized up. I'll just have to deal with the "spinning" in the wintertime.

So my opinion is that the rings really need to be comfortable in the summer when one swells a little, but don't make them too big for the winter time that they fall off. You hate to take the ring in and then summertime wear is painful or makes you look like you have sausage fingers.
25.gif

Hopefully you can find a middle ground--and hope I do, too.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ring sizing is tough...my rings are fine in the summer but at night they slide and spin...i can actually hear them clinking together by late night before we go to bed. in the winter it's basically pretty much the same...they are loose...but i don't like tight rings so i'd prefer them loose...i have larger knuckles so i don't think they will slip off, but if i felt like actually losing them was a danger, i'd probably get them resized or get sizing beads or that little metal thing you can put inside that moves with your finger...1/4 size is not that much but it can be 'just enough' if you need it. anyway good luck!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
One thing you should remember is that when you get your wedding band, the rings will feel tighter. Since your ring fit fine in the summer, I''d wait and see how they are with your wedding band before I sized.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
My fingers are so swollen from the heat that I can''t take off my wedding band its too painful...so instead I leave it on and it gets yucky. I can take my ering off and on but that hurts too. I have a spot on the side of knuckle where my rings have rubbed it raw, so I didnt wear my ering at all for several days and applied lots of neosporin to help it heal.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been thinking about this as I get ready for a new setting. My old wedding set is a 4 which is fine when I''m outside in the summer but when i''m in cold air conditioning or anytime during the winter they are loose, I can literally shake my hand a few times and they will fall off. I was recently measured at a 3.5 but wearing a 4 for 5+ years I''ve gotten used to the looseness and I''m worried that the 3.5 won''t be comfortable. I know a 1/4 of a size isn''t much but I''m thinking of going to a 3.75 hoping that it will be just tight enough to not be able to slip off but still comfy on my hand.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
MrsSalvo-

You can get your rings in quarter sizes as well. It sounds like a 3.75 would be perfect for you! My rings are 6 3/8ths. I'm really a 6.25 but I like my rings a little loose and to account for any swelling in the summer or sometimes the mornings. So David at Signed Pieces suggested 6 38ths and it's perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results