shape
carat
color
clarity

Any warping or damage with steven kirsch or victor canera?

Abby12

Shiny_Rock
Hi
I know people have posted about having issued with durability with some
Leon rings but i wondered if there have been any with steven kirsch or
Victor canera? I have not heard of any, but that could be because there are
Not as many posts for them.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Any warping or damage with steven kirsch or victor caner

I can't recall VC or SK making those super thin shanks. Those were the main ones people were having problems with from Leon.

Abby12

Shiny_Rock

I thought they both made rings around 1.5 mm wide as well?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well, I don't know but appraisers here have warned people not to go less than 1.8mm, so I would recommend following that advice and then you'd be unlikely to have a problem.

ccardill

Rough_Rock

When I worked with Victor, he advised me when I was asking for the something that would compromise the durability of the ring. Initially, I wanted a thinner shank but he warned me the ring would not last very long so I followed his recommendation for a slightly thicker shank.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I have VC too, he recommended 1.8mm as minimum, I went with 2.0.

Anne

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

are you getting something less than 1.8 mm? less than 1.8 feels flimsy imo

Abby12

Shiny_Rock

I am going to go with 2mm but have not heard of any issues with damage issues with Steven or Victor but many with Leon so was just curious. That could be because they do not do as many pieces under 1.8mm?

Abby12

Shiny_Rock

I am going to go with 2mm but have not heard of any issues with damage issues with Steven or Victor but many with Leon so was just curious. That could be because they do not do as many pieces under 1.8mm?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Nothing to do with any of these vendors specifically, everything to do with

-Ring width
-Ring depth (height off finger)
-Ring size (larger size = longer lever arm = easier to bend/torque given same dimensions/material/cross-section)
-Metal (gold/plat/palldium/what specific alloy)
-Method of manufacture (cast, pulled wire, die-struck...)
-Skill of manufacturer and quality of piece (poorly vs. well-cast...)
-What's been done to decrease strength (engraving eats into existing metal, holes for melee turning it into swiss cheese...)
-How the ring is worn - how she treats it and cares for it, whether it's worn with other rings/spacers/etc

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Yssie|1332522374|3155152 said:
Nothing to do with any of these vendors specifically, everything to do with

-Ring width
-Ring depth (height off finger)
-Ring size (larger size = longer lever arm = easier to bend/torque given same dimensions/material/cross-section)
-Metal (gold/plat/palldium/what specific alloy)
-Method of manufacture (cast, pulled wire, die-struck...)
-Skill of manufacturer and quality of piece (poorly vs. well-cast...)
-What's been done to decrease strength (engraving eats into existing metal, holes for melee turning it into swiss cheese...)
-How the ring is worn - how she treats it and cares for it, whether it's worn with other rings/spacers/etc

Yssie took the words right out of my mouth...or would it be fingers that would typed??

I have friends that have had problems with Leon rings but both of them have shanks under 1.5mm, rather large fingers and I"m sure they are not gentle on them as they have children, like doing things outdoors etc. My problem with Leon is that he didn't say anything to them about perhaps going with a thicker shank or some other advise about durability. I think he makes a beautiful ring but it's durability he leaves up to how people treat if- hope that makes sense.

Abby12

Shiny_Rock

Well i am a size 4.25 so i guess that is one positive. I want plat cut down pave or brightcut at 2mm
I have a 2mm brightcut from leon now but i have only had it for a little over a year.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have 2 (1.9mm) VC pave eternity bands that I wear daily and a dual shank (1.7mm x 2) VC halo ring for special occasions--no problems whatsoever since I've been wearing them over the past few months!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

I have numerous pave rings in the 1.5mm shank. My e-rings from Leon and Maytal have not warped or damanged in any way. I noticed that there is some warping on my Steven wedding band but it has nothing to do with workmanship. The band is a funy shape and I wear it with my e-ring. It has more to do with the way I wear it. The warping does not take away from the beauty and people do not notice it. Only I notice it when I stare at it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results