shape
carat
color
clarity

Any suggestions?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Boatguy57

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

This is my first post and hopefully I can get some good feedback from all of you especially those located in southern California. Well it''s basically the same ole'' story. I plan on getting engaged soon and I''m starting to shop around for a ring. I''ve spent the last two weeks reading posts on this site and have learned quite abit. So far, I''ve found that the Tiffany''s 6 prong is the most appealing to me. I''ve looked at quite a few wannabees and none compare in my opinion. I totally agree with all of you that although they are very nice, Tiff''s rings are overpriced, and I also agree that I can get the same quality for less somewhere else. However, I do not want to buy a loose diamond or ring or whatever off of the internet regardless of how good of a deal I can get. First of all, I really don''t feel comfortable buying something that pricy, and I''d like to see what I was buying in the first place. To me, I think buying an engagement ring off the internet is kinda tacky. I do think that buying a ring is an experience in itself and I''m trying to be traditional. I really don''t care if it''s a tiffany''s experience or not, just some experience you know? So with that being said, is there any jewelry stores in the southern california area that are worth checking out or that any of you could recommend? I''m open for any suggestions!!! Thanks! Oh yeah I plan on spending anywhere between $7000 - 10000 if that helps......

JiM
1.gif

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Servis and Taylor''s is a start. Richard Servis is awesome to deal with. www.servisandtaylor.com Located in West LA in the Westside Pavilion.

I ended up getting my ring at Oscar''s Design Jewelry. www.oscarjewelry.com Located in the downtown jewelry district

Oscar is also really cool, but he''s the laid back type. Richard Servis will teach you the basics and stuff and offer to show you how the pros grade different aspects using all his equipment. Oscar has all taht stuff, but he won''t offer to show you anything. If you ask, he won''t say no though. I ended up getting the ring from Oscar primarily b/c of a deadline I set for myself and b/c Oscar found two stones that fit my criteria exactly in like 1 day.

If you look long enough at the details, the classic Tiffany solitaire has some not so good features (IMO). Plus, their examples of "bad" settings are utter crap. If Tiffany''s had to resort to used car dealer tricks like that, my opinion of them lowered even more and only shows their rings aren''t all that high quality. Anyways, both places mentioned can custom make a ring for you so you can decide what you want and they''ll make it for you.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Not sure where in SoCal you are, but Jim Jessop of George Carter Jessop in San Diego is extremely reputable and my family has worked with him several times.

I have learned so much on PS, and as much as I understand your feelings about wanting the tangible experience of a B&M, there are some incredible vendors on here. Search around--see what you find. I recall one guy on here going through a similar Tiffany 6-prong search and ended up getting his from Todd and Robin at Niceice.com.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results