shape
carat
color
clarity

Any suggestions for stackers that aren't terribly pricey?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Any suggestions for stackers that aren't terribly pricey

Gypsy|1337216197|3196971 said:
IT GOT HERE. I don't think I can keep it though. It's too big to work with any of my existing pieces well. It's amazing though, and I won't find anything like it at that price again. It's is a hefty piece with a lot of platinum. I don't know what to do.

I'd post a few pics and you guys can tell me.

.... well you know that I'm first in line!!! ;)) I love that ring!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

First pic you can see how much larger it is than my other bands.

Second pic is me making them play nice.

Third pic shows that I think it was sized very well once. One of the marquise has a slightly smaller round diamond in it and the other a larger one (I can't tell if the big one or the little one is the one that was added). But otherwise the marquise are pretty similar to each other (not ame quality, but it is a vintage band). The diamonds are great though.

The last one shows the size difference and the small/large marquise bezels too.

Bands 5-16 033.JPG

Bands 5-16 001.JPG

Bands 5-16 007.JPG

Bands 5-16 027.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Enerchi|1337216332|3196975 said:
Gypsy|1337216197|3196971 said:
IT GOT HERE. I don't think I can keep it though. It's too big to work with any of my existing pieces well. It's amazing though, and I won't find anything like it at that price again. It's is a hefty piece with a lot of platinum. I don't know what to do.

I'd post a few pics and you guys can tell me.

.... well you know that I'm first in line!!! ;)) I love that ring!!!

I'm going to think about it overnight. But if I decide against it... I'll list it on DB tomorrow. I'm not sure what to do though. I don't think it can be sized down right. I had a jeweler look at it. And they would have to take one full bezel out and that might make it too small for me.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

I like it with your collection! I like how it mimics your emerald stacker --- how does it look on its own with just your ering? It suits you, Gypsy! it really does look good on you :)) Would you wear it as a single RHR by any chance? or with another RHR or a thumb ring?? You found a good deal - keep and enjoy it!

(and I'm so glad it wasn't lost and the post office came thru for you - hopefully your others will be found as well...)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Enerchi|1337216944|3196983 said:
I like it with your collection! I like how it mimics your emerald stacker --- how does it look on its own with just your ering? It suits you, Gypsy! it really does look good on you :)) Would you wear it as a single RHR by any chance? or with another RHR or a thumb ring?? You found a good deal - keep and enjoy it!

(and I'm so glad it wasn't lost and the post office came thru for you - hopefully your others will be found as well...)

My thumb is holding it next to the other bands though under that pic. It would look great if it fit. It just doesn't though. It doesn't work at all with my engagement ring. Rubs right at the wires and the milgrain will saw right through them.

I can wear it as a single RHR but it's just a hair to small and I get muffin top with it on my RH. I'm being stubborn. I know I'm going to have to sell it. I just don't really want to. DH liked it as well.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Give it time... wear it for a test drive - even if it does give you muffin top! ;))

Wake up tomorrow and see what you think, or wear it out and see the compliments you get!

If they took out one 'marquise' - could they replace it with a shaped spacer bar instead? something in a mock marquise shape, also with the milgrain on it? It wouldn't have the sparkle of the diamond, but shape wise, it would not be noticeable....??? Is it Joe Escobar you use - they seem to be very amenable to creative ideas!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

You are a very good and supportive friend Enerchi. I'm just not sure what to do. The other thing is I have an unset pearl and I wasn't planning on buying this. It was an impulse. The money was supposed to be for this setting for my pearl. http://www.ebay.com/itm/170789276676?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 This setting, but custom for my pearl. OR alternately, this setting: http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlXWez4LsQJRO3SyCIDmoBIfnZ72t7HKCZ1YXkDbarHhIqMRfNsDpsTlfoKA

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

AH!!! I see the dilemma!!! hmmm.... well.... the ebay setting would still be there in another month, right? you could have (yes, i am going to say it!!!) BOTH if you just delay yet another little bit :Up_to_something: I know, I'm the worst enabler, but sometimes things just present themselves to you and they are meant to be!

I would chose the white pearl option with the diamond melee on the bail. That just looks so classy - like your pearl would deserve! :bigsmile:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

That's the one Dh likes as well. And me too. I can't have both, though. We have other expenses coming up (4 cats plus annual vet visits coming up= no money to spare. Plus next month is the PS GTG and Vegas is expensive.

If I do list it, I don't want you to feel obligated btw. I'm not going to break forum rules. But as a general statement, if anything I buy doesn't work out for me, then it just doesn't and that's on me. And it will either sell to someone else or it won't. And that's okay.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Enerchi said:
Thanks Christina! I was wondering about Gypsy's marquise!

Stargurl - did you ever decide on anything???

I almost pulled the trigger on 2 different bands but I have to hold off for a bit because I've been bad :naughty: :-o :bigsmile: :oops: ... I upgraded my studs! Not a whole lot but enough to eliminate the airline with my jackets. I just got them and still need to post pics (life has been a bit hectic but I'll try to get them up this weekend). Anyways, if a great deal comes along on a band then I'll go for it but otherwise I have to wait a bit.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

"que sera sera" what will be, will be! Maybe it will be mine... maybe it won't... but maybe... it may still be YOURS! :D

And I hear ya about Vegas!!! We are heading down at the end of the month and I'm saving up for spending money, too, so I know what you mean!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Gypsy said:
You are a very good and supportive friend Enerchi. I'm just not sure what to do. The other thing is I have an unset pearl and I wasn't planning on buying this. It was an impulse. The money was supposed to be for this setting for my pearl. http://www.ebay.com/itm/170789276676?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 This setting, but custom for my pearl. OR alternately, this setting: http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlXWez4LsQJRO3SyCIDmoBIfnZ72t7HKCZ1YXkDbarHhIqMRfNsDpsTlfoKA

I like the first setting for your pearl! Beautiful :love: I think if the marquise band is too big, sell it. If it's not perfect for you, you'll end up selling it eventually anyways...

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Stargurl!!! NEW STUDS???? And they aren't posted yet??? gurlfriend.... what is UP with THAT???? You're gonna be kicked outta PS if you don't post new jewellry STAT - its the "rules"!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Enerchi said:
Stargurl!!! NEW STUDS???? And they aren't posted yet??? gurlfriend.... what is UP with THAT???? You're gonna be kicked outta PS if you don't post new jewellry STAT - its the "rules"!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: I know, I know, I'm terrible!! I swear I'll try my best to get them up VERY soon!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Just so you know, Stargurl, I'll be watching and waiting.... I've got my eye on you, little lady!! :devil:

Tell us about them - they work better with your jackets now? still 8 prong? did you sell or just upgrade the originals? (clearly I'm too impatient to wait for the info in a new post! :rolleyes: )

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Enerchi said:
Just so you know, Stargurl, I'll be watching and waiting.... I've got my eye on you, little lady!! :devil:

Tell us about them - they work better with your jackets now? still 8 prong? did you sell or just upgrade the originals? (clearly I'm too impatient to wait for the info in a new post! :rolleyes: )

Haha, I guess I'm allowed to threadjack a little bit since I started this thread, right?! :bigsmile: I upgraded from my originals with BGD. Each original was 0.31 ct and the new ones are 0.44 ct each (the upgrades are also F, SI1). I was nervous that the small increase in size wouldn't be worth the cost, but I can definitely see a difference. They are still 8-prong settings and they work PERFECT with the jackets. As I recall your studs are also 0.44 ct each and your planning to get the 3-pointer IDJ jackets as well? If yes, you will be very happy!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

stargurl78|1337223511|3197085 said:
Enerchi said:

Haha, I guess I'm allowed to threadjack a little bit since I started this thread, right?! :bigsmile: I upgraded from my originals with BGD. Each original was 0.31 ct and the new ones are 0.44 ct each (the upgrades are also F, SI1). I was nervous that the small increase in size wouldn't be worth the cost, but I can definitely see a difference. They are still 8-prong settings and they work PERFECT with the jackets. As I recall your studs are also 0.44 ct each and your planning to get the 3-pointer IDJ jackets as well? If yes, you will be very happy!!
Yes those are my stud sizes. You've got me all excited now, if that's the same as what you have just got! Now I REALLY want you to get those pictures up including ear shots!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

I like it. I agree you won't find something like that so easily for the price you paid. I'd think about it for more than a day if I were you.

Looks great on you!!!

Mico

Brilliant_Rock

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Mico said:
gypsy, it is a beautiful ring - would you be willing to wear it on another finger?

as a side note, have you seen these OP???
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/diamond-bands-and-things-t175534.html']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/diamond-bands-and-things-t175534.html[/URL]

they're a smaller size! and beeeeeeeeeeeautiful. I know you have your earrings buuuuuuut... so pretty

I did see those and I would honestly purchase the VC diamond/engraved band in a heartbeat if it was white metal. I would wear it with my wedding set since that finger is a size 4. I think yellow gold is lovely and it looks great on a lot of people but it's just not for me. Thank you for sharing though!

Efriede

Shiny_Rock

stargurl78|1337223511|3197085 said:
Enerchi said:

That is great news - upgrade, Stargurl! I am with Enerchi to see those in jackets earshots asap :lickout: you mentioned that they yre still in 8 prongs settings, so BGD could use your old settings made for 0.31 caraters?

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Efriede said:
That is great news - upgrade, Stargurl! I am with Enerchi to see those in jackets earshots asap :lickout: you mentioned that they yre still in 8 prongs settings, so BGD could use your old settings made for 0.31 caraters?

Thanks Efriede! BGD just sent the old settings back to me, I'm not sure what I'll do with them. I don't really want to put colored stones in them because they'll be too small for my jackets. Maybe I'll try to sell them on DB for a low price.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy|1337323866|3198216 said:

Love it! I'm a 4 3/4 on my left hand...which houses a wedding and an e-ring so no go. Boo!!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ETERNITY-DIAMOND-WHITE-GOLD-DAINTY-RING-WEDDING-BAND-/150813045605?pt=US_Wedding_Bands_with_Diamonds_Gemstones&hash=item231d287365

THAT!! I want two of these bands. Otherwise, I want two bands at least 2.2 mm. They can even be 1/2 eternity, I just need some bands around my colored stones. I wish I had a working computer at home so that I could be on PS as much as I clearly need to be on PS. :naughty:

The minute you ladies post those links, the item is sold. We have fast lurkers too. :Up_to_something:

Every band I've tried on in person locally, are way too thin for what I need. I'm starting to get frustrated. But, such is life. First world problems.

p.s. 6.5 or 7.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

miraclesrule said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ETERNITY-DIAMOND-WHITE-GOLD-DAINTY-RING-WEDDING-BAND-/150813045605?pt=US_Wedding_Bands_with_Diamonds_Gemstones&hash=item231d287365

THAT!! I want two of these bands. Otherwise, I want two bands at least 2.2 mm. They can even be 1/2 eternity, I just need some bands around my colored stones. I wish I had a working computer at home so that I could be on PS as much as I clearly need to be on PS. :naughty:

The minute you ladies post those links, the item is sold. We have fast lurkers too. :Up_to_something:

Every band I've tried on in person locally, are way too thin for what I need. I'm starting to get frustrated. But, such is life. First world problems.

p.s. 6.5 or 7.

This is a regular item that they post:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ETERNITY-DIAMOND-WHITE-GOLD-DAINTY-RING-WEDDING-BAND-/150818098141?_trksid=p1984.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222001%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D8506716660944853226%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D3

However, I do believe there is a PSer that has this band that said she wasn't happy with the quality. But they have a good return policy so it might be worth checking out.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock

nevermind, i thought i found a goodie but it's not

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock

Dang, you ladies are quick on Ebay. I wish I was an Ebay'er. I need to get back on the bandwagon...err...unintended pun!! :lol:

Thanks Stargurl! I wonder what they didn't like about it. Not enough bling perhaps? They do have a great return policy. :lickout:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results