shape
carat
color
clarity

Any suggestions for spacer ring

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Want to get my wife a spacer ring (ring that will sit between her ER and wedding band). Right now I got her an inexpensive 2mm sterling silver round ring. The purpose of the spacer ring is that the wedding band does not hit against the struts of the ER and bend them, like in the past. Her ER is a plat setting, round stone with a halo. (See my avatar). The wedding band is a plat eternity band with channel set round stones.
I would consider a "twist" pattern, diamonds with colored stones, or just colored stones, should be no more than 2mm wide. Thanks.

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I bought a cheap silver spacer on etsy to try out before buying a platinum one (also from etsy). I originally started with .8mm in silver but I think I will be getting 1mm in platinum.

They have a lot of vendors on etsy that make various bands that could be used as spacers but I do not have any experience with them. Have you checked out IDJ?

imageuploadedbytapatalk1407973280.jpg

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Update:

Went with my wife yesterday to Tiffany's, bought her the Tiffany Sterling Silver Twist ring. It's a nice contrast and about 2mm wide. Does the trick so the wedding band does not hit the struts of the ER
You have to look real close to see any color difference between the plat rings she has and this new one.
Thanks for all input.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just wear a plain 2mm as a spacer. That way I can wear it by itself.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
That's very pretty and you can't go wrong with Tiffany:) I'd love to see a pic of the wholes stack if you ever get a chance. I have a very similar halo ring with a rose gold/diamond eternity band, but I chose a plain rose gold spacer. I have a very similar gold twisty ring (from Etsy) that goes with my right hand stacking set. It's nice because it adds some texture.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1408300715|3734294 said:
That's very pretty and you can't go wrong with Tiffany:) I'd love to see a pic of the wholes stack if you ever get a chance. I have a very similar halo ring with a rose gold/diamond eternity band, but I chose a plain rose gold spacer. I have a very similar gold twisty ring (from Etsy) that goes with my right hand stacking set. It's nice because it adds some texture.

Momhappy
Not only do you have a similar ring, but I think it is identical! I had Chris at ERD make the same ring as yours when you posted it, except your center stone is a little bigger than my wife's ring.
When she puts it all together I will snap a picture and post.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear a 1 mm spacer band between my shared prong band and my e-ring.
When I used to wear a channel set band, it was not necessary, but I quickly found that
the diamond girdles of the shared prong band were scratching the head of my e-ring.

You can buy them on etsy or from any jeweler with a Stuller account who can order them.
I have a 14K YG band and a 14K X1 one (Stuller's super white gold that doesn't need rhodium plating).

If you look closely, you can see the spacer ring in the picture.
I like that it is barely noticeable but gets the job done.

sm_20140622_112919_resized.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results