shape
carat
color
clarity

any pictures or thoughts for really deco/classic settings ..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
try www.faycullen.com there is heaps of antique and retro jewellery on the site.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Deco" means geometrical contours and colored inserts... and platinum lace to me. The "Diamond Lace" collection at Tiffany is a Deco revival, IMO.
34.gif

Following the lead, Cartier's split shank ring (left) also seems a minimalistic Art Deco inspired, modern thing.

Perhaps we are not talking about the same thing? The ring to the right (not EC, sorry) looks "quintesential Deco" to me. But the seriously labor intensive, specialized craft that goes into all those calibre cuts and inserts is not too popular, so I have no idea who does Deco jewelry routinely anymore.

CartierandDeco.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/23/2004 7:40:54 AM
Author: windowshopper
well deco-ish like the green stone --whats on the sides?
... step cut triangles (sometimes called "calf head"). Like this:
43801.jpg

The stones are set in linked bezels, not prongs (like THIS).
175bezel.jpg
(somewhat like Tiffany''s Lucida bezel - only bezel on all three stones, not just the center)

The image comes from the latest Christies Amsterdam auction. The pics on the website are not great. You can probably track down the auction catalog if you want...

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/23/2004 1:43:46 AM
Author: Diamondsbybree
This is one of my FAVORITES for emerald cuts~!~!~!

Wow, Bree! That ring is YUMMY! I love it.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
yes but thats a cushion---------i dont know how the geometry of an emerald would fit in that mounting?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

For more ideas, might you try the Mel''s Antiques site on ebay? Enter melonypino via the sellers name search engine. Good luck.
emthup.gif

cheers--Sharon

reena

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2004 9:46
6.gif
1 AM
yes but thats a cushion---------i dont know how the geometry of an emerald would fit in that mounting?
sure it would. two examples.

the first is an actual emerald (artofplatinum.com) and it''s square, but you get the idea.

the second is a michael b.

emeraldbezel.JPG

reena

Ideal_Rock
i also wanted to say that that cartier setting is so frickin'' gorgeous that i''ve lost feeling in my face.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Valeria101, those picts from the Christie''s catalogue are so yummy!!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/23/2004 9:461 AM
Nothing fits... these bezels have to be made for any particular set of stones. The bezel can get thinner and it would look less prominent on a larger stone such as yours anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results