shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Kwiat lovers here?

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
I am very tempted by the Nordies Anniversary sale where this amazing Kwiat bracelet is on sale for $3348

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/kwiat-r...m_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_1_A

I have never seen a Kwiat jewelry piece in person. All my stuff is from PS vendors.

But I am a little disappointed in WF and BGD's bracelet selections. They come in 14k (I cannot wear 14k) and there is a huge premium for platinum. BGD told me their shared prong bangle cannot be made in 18k.

So here's the price breakdown:

BGD shared prong bangle in platinum - 1 ctw $3195 & for 1.5 ctw $4450 Not available in 18k.
BGD tennis bracelet in 14k - 2 ctw $3850 - useless to me as I cannot wear 14k but 18k would be higher.
WF tennis bracelet in 14k - 2 ctw $3475 - useless to me as I cannot wear 14k but 18k would be higher.
WF shared prong bangle in platinum - don't have quote yet. Don't know if available in 18k.
Kwiat bracelet in 18k - 2 ctw for $3348

Basically, if I go with the Kwiat, I get 2 ctw in my preferred metal which is 18k wg for an excellent price. It wouldn't be custom so I can return it for a full refund and I can see it in person at a Nordstrom.

I could perhaps even get it cheaper if I open a Nordstrom card...

Price, value and convenience-wise, I am really leaning towards the Kwiat but WF, GOG & BGD's ideal cut stones have spoiled me and I don't know anything about Kwiat quality. A quick google search doesn't turn up much info on this brand either.

People who are familiar with Kwiat: do you think their diamonds are comparable or will I be disappointed?

The Nordstrom sale ends August 4th :o Please chime in, TIA!

IDtoTX

Rough_Rock
I have 1.5cttw Kwiat studs and I adore them. They are very sparkly...However, I am by no means an expert. :) :love: I definitely think you should get the bracelet from Nordstrom and return it if you aren't happy. The Anniversary price is usually a pretty good deal.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually know the Kwiat family (hubby works with them) so I would happily buy their gorgeous pieces. And you can return it if you don't like it. Enjoy.

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for chiming in, IDtoTX. Good to hear your studs are very sparkly :)) Do they have hearts and arrows?

Thanks Sandeek. Yes, the ability to see in person and possibility of return makes it v tempting.

Hoping to go see in-person on Friday :)

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love Kwiat. Typically, I think they are on the pricier side, but in this case, it doesn't sound like it. Their quality is lovely (a few of us went to the Kwiat store in Vegas during the GTG) and you get what you want (for less than custom) AND they have a great return policy. I say go for it!! :appl:

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Yay yennyfire, so far everyone is encouraging me to go for it :)) *excited*

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a win win. If you love it, you got a good deal. If you don't, return it easily. Please post photos if you pull the trigger!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've owned a few Kwiat pieces in the past and still have my studs I got from Nordstrom. I actually debated upgrading them through the upgrade plan (well, return and rebuy...) but talked myself out of it this year. I wouldn't hesitate either.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Before I was even on pricescope I saw a kwait princess diamond ring, and it was the pretty much the only princess diamond ring that I went "woah" to, the cutting was so much nicer than what is out there.
That's only the basis of one item, but if their quality is consistent, then I would seriously consider it.

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
Kwiat is fantabulous. I looked there in NYC, and the quality is great! I ended up with an auction stone and custom setting but would love a Kwiat ruby piece from their vintage collection! My friend knows the family. Let me know if you find one on sale... :Up_to_something:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think Kwiat has very fine jewelry. I have my eye on a few things, too, but won't buy at full price!

I'd look at the diamonds in the bracelet with a loupe and see if you see the arrows, check clarity, etc. I'd personally probably pay a little more for the WF one in 18k because I know they use the best melee in theirs. But since you can check out the Kwiat one and return if necessary, then that seems to work! Is the color and clarity the same as the WF bracelet?

Okay, I change my vote after looking at them. The Kwiat bracelet says G-H SI. The WhiteFlash bracelet says F-G VS hearts and arrows melee. The WF bracelet is a better value for the money other than it will presumably cost a little more for 18k. But the important thing is the diamonds are higher quality in the WF bracelet. It goes to show that their prices are not terribly inflated whereas the regular price on the other one definitely was!

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Made my selection!

When I wrote this post (and was leaning towards Kwiat) I was still waiting on a quote from WF. Well, 2 things happened. The WF quote (2 ctw 18k wg bracelet) came in at the Kwiat price - this was after PS Wire + returning customer discount etc. Meanwhile, when talking with the Nordies sales rep, I discovered the hefty sales tax I'd have to pay on the Kwiat bracelet. Also, getting a Nordstrom card gets you no money off purchases fyi.

So I sent my wire off to WF (ACAs woohoo!) and should have an update on Monday regarding when they'll ship it 8) Yayyyy so excited. I will post in SMTB when it gets here. Thanks to everyone who gave me their suggestions/advice. :))

I still think the Kwiat is a good value so if anyone here is interested in getting it, buy it with your Discover card (10% cashback on Nordstrom!)

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
A bracelet of ACAs!!!! Doesn't get any better than that. Great choice!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I am sooo glad you went with WF for this bracelet! You definitely got better quality for the price!

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Rosebloom and diamondseeker. I can't wait to get the bracelet :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results