• A. Dated

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • B. Like an antique

Votes: 10 43.5%

• Total voters

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't normally gravitate to cluster rings, but I think this ring wows me bc it is pear shaped and I love the way it looks on my Finger. The diamonds are single cuts, which I also adore. Does it look like an antique or just dated?image_3764.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I'm going to go with neither lol! It doesn't look antique to me, seems like a modern style to my eye…I see rings here on PS that look similar, except the melee are usually smaller…I know larger melee in a halo aren't everyone's cup of tea but I really like it! Yes, the larger melee make it look a bit more like a cluster ring but I don't think it has a dated look. JMO, others might feel differently. Personally I love it and I think it looks beautiful on your hand! I like the plain shank too.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I also vote "neither." It's pretty!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is very flattering on your hand! I voted antique because I don't think it's dated at all. Beautiful!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd agree with neither. Doesn't look dated to me, but it does look a little young? I dunno, I really like it though haha.

Californiadreaming

Rough_Rock
I am no diamond or ring expert but I think it's beautiful! It suits your hand and it's super glamorous but elegant too.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neither. Modern is new antique anyway but I would say it is classic.

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Neither - go with what you adore seeing on your hand everyday and enjoy - no one else's opinion really matters just your own - I think it looks crisp white and suits your hand

togal

Shiny_Rock
My initial thought was 'neither'...it's very pretty... If you love it, wear it and enjoy!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neither! It's a stunning and 'new classic' look and it looks fabulous on your hand

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the ring, it is a style that I would wear, and would not call it an antique or dated.

DK :))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it is made with single cuts, it quite likely could be an antique ring or reproduction. I really never see single cuts in random rings unless they are old or custom made in an antique style.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to all for chiming in. I actually passed on it, but I'm having regrets. I love the shape, and I love single cuts,and all the finger coverage, but the dealer and I couldn't agree on a price. I'm hoping he marks it down soon!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
nala|1440208289|3917522 said:
Thanks to all for chiming in. I actually passed on it, but I'm having regrets. I love the shape, and I love single cuts,and all the finger coverage, but the dealer and I couldn't agree on a price. I'm hoping he marks it down soon!

Very pretty! One of my favorite Nala finds...

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nala, This ring looks so beautiful and elegant on your hand. I also love the fact that you don't see pears on everyone.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would also vote for neither, I like the shape on you as well!!!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your comments and votes. I'm glad that I didn't rush into buying this ring bc now I realize that it doesn't matter if it looks dated, I just adore it! I knew I had to have it when I went back and couldn't find it at first. I was so disappointed, but it was just in the back room being cleaned! My memory did play a trick on me. It is sooo much bigger than I remembered at 14 mm by 8.5!

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
glad you listened to your heart - you found a beauty that looks stunning on you :love:

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous. I voted for antique, because "dated" doesn't fit. Whenever someone says "That's so dated," or "so '80s" or whatever, I can't help thinking that it's a good thing that everyone didn't incessantly modernize, or else there'd be no Victorian, Art Nouveau, Edwardian, Art Deco, Moderne, etc., etc., to buy nowadays. LOL

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Single cuts are usually in older rings with the larger melee...I say vintage/antique. Also they would use 2 OEC's one large/one small to fit in the pear shaped bezel. Is the larger stone an OEC? I can't tell. The diamonds look like a nice high color.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ariel144|1443473326|3932887 said:
Single cuts are usually in older rings with the larger melee...I say vintage/antique. Also they would use 2 OEC's one large/one small to fit in the pear shaped bezel. Is the larger stone an OEC? I can't tell. The diamonds look like a nice high color.
Hi. The center diamonds are not oec. Itbus very high in color and clarity!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results