shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Jewelry, Golconda diamonds, and great eye candy (and ideas)...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know that Pricescope attracts people with above average interest and money for great diamond and other jewelry. With that in mind - I feel that many of you will appreaciate this antique dealer...

Enjoy, dream, and a few of you will probably purchase (If anyone want to be generous to me for finding this site - the ring I am interested in is only modestly priced on this site).

www.rauantiques.com/jewelry.asp

Would any of our "experts" feel free to comment on Golconda diamonds.

Perry

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Gaaah!
14.gif
[$$)]
14.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
23.gif
WOW!!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The site has a badly kept secret side - Rau Jewelry

Hm... didn't know rose cut diamonds and (crystal) opal look so nice together. 4k doesn't sound that outrageous. Having something like that done would probably be more.

28-7830__10440.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/2/2006 1:53:12 PM
Author:perry

Would any of our 'experts' feel free to comment on Golconda diamonds.

'Expert' between quotations marks applies perfectly!
9.gif

Not something to loose sleep about right? I never quite understood what this ID was about: provenance or a certain type of crystal or (only) necessarily both. It so happens that the first memorable diamond I have ever seen was 'Golconda' - by provenance: set around 1500, it must have come from wherever Indian diamonds used to. However, this one was a largish uneven cut briolette yellowish in color, not matching the current understanding that 'Golconda' is whiter than your average D & type IIa.

If calling diamonds names helps others feel the same chieldish enchantment, it can only be a great thing. There are side effects though: I still feel that some sort of polished drop is the best incarnation of a diamond, but that doesn't have to happen to a serious mature person who has already had their share of fine jewelry.
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results