shape
carat
color
clarity

Another happy customer from GOG!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PreCiouSJeWeL920

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone, I am new to post on this forum. But I have been browsing for about two months. I want to thank everybody who contributed their invaluable insight on this site. Because of your info, I had the most wonderful experience to make my important purchase on line. Ok, starting from the beginning (long). This year is my husband and mine’s fifteen years anniversary. I have always wanted to own a larger diamond ring (my original one is one carat. I color, SI1). So my husband and I decided this year would be a good time to start. Like everybody else, I started to check out books, read about the important thing about buying a diamond. Funny thing was that the first book that I read was How to buy a diamond by Fred Cuellar. Believe it or not that was a lot of valuable information for me. After that, I was ready to check it out. The bonded jeweler is a good way to start. But I could not find one locally. Reasonably enough I called on their help line. I talked to Todd, their manager. I told him what I wanted, which is the lowest limit: I color, Si1, 3ct, class II cut. He could not find a bonded jeweler in my area. But just they happen to have one 3.03ct I SI1 diamond in their stock. He sent me all the info through email, and if it did not work out, I’ll have a chance to get on their waiting list for a newly cut diamond. Minimum weigh, clarity, color guarantee. Sounds familiar so far? I was very excited. I talked with my husband and we were ready to go with it. The night before that I was going to call him back. Something made me to check on his company. So went on Yahoo search engine and typed their name in, several came back. One of them was a thread of diamond talk that was about two year old. But it mentioned a complaint was filed against them and something about felony charges against him. After check with BBB, it was confirmed. I made up my mind to go somewhere else.
During catching up reading, the forum opened a whole new world to me. I was like an infant getting all the nutrients from everybody else’s experience, and learning fast. Everybody knows there are a lot of GOG happy customers’ testimonies. Whenever somebody was looking for a reliable online vender, their name was mentioned. So I decided to check their web site for some information. All I could say was WOW. There was so much info on there. Every diamond that they sell has complete analysis. And they are not just limited to color, clarity, carat weight. They have internal and external analysis and visual test also. What most important to me was a personal touch to each diamond that they sale, make it like a jeweler was showing you diamond face to face, and better than that, you have all the info you need regarding your interest. So I sent an email to Jonathan telling him my interest of finding a diamond which is within my budget and meet my requirement. At the time there wasn’t anything on their for sale list that meet my criteria. It only took two days; I got another email from him. From reading it, I felt like he was more excited than I was. Everything about that diamond fit except the color. It is a “J”. I was willing to get a smaller one but a better color. But he told me that because of its excellent cut, it face up like a G or H. He was even willing to send the diamond to me to check it out on his own expense. Meanwhile, He answered all my questions while he was up loading the info, which was regarding that diamond. Here is the link (http://www.goodoldgold.com/3_16ct_j_si1_h%26a.htm). At this time I feel like I know so much about it that I should give it a try. From the way that we were communicating and other people’s experience, I felt that I could trust him. I went ahead ordered the diamond to be mounted in a RC Vatche platinum setting. I know some people may think that I should check out the diamond first. I agree. But I just don’t want to deal with have it mount locally or have to send it back. Since it was a special order (the head had to be made for to fit this diamond and my ring size is 2.5). It took about five weeks. I was so anxious to get it that I had sent a few emails to Christen to check on the status of it almost every week. At times while I was waiting, I did question myself whether I made a wise choice to make such a big purchase on the net just based on other people’s experience and my gut feeling without even seeing it.
I got my ring just before this weekend. It is beautiful. Everything Jonathan said was true. You can’t tell the color at all from face up. It is even whiter than my one carat “I” color ring. When I look at it from side it may show a little tint. Sometime I was thinking it might be my imagination. I am mesmerized by all the little arrows that I saw in the diffused light and all the rainbow colors in the direct light.
All in all I want to tell everybody out there that thinking of buying a diamond that Jonathan is the person that you could trust. I know that seeing a diamond before making the purchase is important. But sometime it is impossible. Then you ought to trust somebody like him to be your eyes. I know that he loves all the sparkles that he carry, but he will tell you if there is something not so perfect about them. Then it is your decision whether to buy it. He never pressured me in anyway while I was making up my mind (which only took 2 days). If I ever want to buy another one (can’t let my husband hear this), he will be the one I’ll go back to.
Did this answer anybody’s questions? “J” color doesn’t have to be yellow. Even in a 3 ct size. It depends on WHO judge it. “SI 1” could be completed eye clean. So go ahead enjoy your biggest ring that your money can buy! Make your dream come true without burning a hole in your pocket.
I’ll try to attach a few pictures that I took for you. Enjoy!!!
12.gif
lickout.gif
rodent.gif

§•My Precious•§ 007.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That thing is a monster....Wow Wee....Very Very nice...Glad to hear you had a great experience with Jonathan & his staff....
loopy.gif

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Size 2.5 finger??? HOLY SMOKES!! I thought my 4.5 size was small and a one carat looks big on me! I can't even imagine a 3ct on you! WOW!!! You go girl, congrats on the anniversary coming up, too!

appl.gif

curiouscanuck

Rough_Rock
That's a beautiful diamond. It really looks so nice on your hand.
1.gif
Congratulations and all the best on your anniversary!
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh your ring is AMAZING!! A 3c on a size 2.5 finger...WOW. That thing must look like a 5c on such a small finger...the shot on your finger is very lovely and so huge. I am definitely saving that picture
1.gif
Congrats & great story!

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Wow congratulations!
love.gif

Love the rainbow of colors in the third pic. The stone looks very white too!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have to admit. When I heard we were going to mount a 3ct on a size 2.5 ring my first thought was "Will this work?" We were all shocked to see how incredible the final product came out Precious!!! It is truly SO GORGEOUS!!! Keep reminding your hubby how much he's going to save in flashlights.
3.gif

Thanks so much for your kind words and all of us at GOG are really thrilled for you and your new amazing ring. When FedEx came to pick it up we almost hated to see it leave.
8.gif
2.gif

Warm regards,

Rhino

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Rhino outdid himself yet again!
1.gif
Yowza, that's one fabulous looking ring. It looks absolutely massive on your hand!! Congrats on getting such a beautiful stone and setting.
1.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Am I the only one who thinks she has long, thin elegant fingers to carry this thing off beautifully!

Congrats on your anniversary & your new great bauble! Please post on the "I" color in platinum thread in the show me the ring forum. J looks mighty white to me!

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Wow! What a monster!!!!!!!
9.gif

It's truly a beautiful stone! Congrats! It looks great on your fingers!
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

PreCiouSJeWeL920

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much for all your compliments. I am very happy. I just kept taking pitures of my ring and having so much fun. Thanks GOG for making this happen! I'll post some more pictures on show me the ring forum later.
21.gif

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is BEAUTIFUL!!
appl.gif

What kind of setting is it???

Barbug
4.gif

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
I, too, would like to add my comments: Holy cow, that thing is huge! And your finger is so tiny! That's a serious upgrade, and I bet you feel like a queen.

From one GOG customer to another, I offer you my heartiest congratulations.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results