shape
carat
color
clarity

...and only 2 remain, almost there! need advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lukekb

Rough_Rock
Hi, I want to thank everyone for there advice. I think I have narrowed my search down to a specific price range/cut/color/clarity. And I found a few nice diamonds in this range. I am looking for a diamond with a lot of sparkle and eye clean/whiteish.... also round. I plan on mounting it in platnium. The objective is to make her smile and not have any nagging flaws.

I have placed the two stones on hold and plan on getting one tomorrow.... unless the collective brain of PS spots something wrong, or thinks there is a reason to wait. I calculated the HCA score for both of them and they look good. Would a .2 difference be noticable? I am leaning a little more to #1 because it is cheaper and VS2 should be just as good as VS1 to the eye, right?

Thanks for everyones'' advice!

1)
HCA score: .9

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-1829006.htm#
Report: AGS
Shape: A Cut Above H&A
Carat: 1.213
Color: I
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 60.5
Table: 56
Crown Angle: 34.8
Crown %: 15.2
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion %: 43

2)
HCA Score: 0.7

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-1920636.htm#
Report: AGS
Shape: A Cut Above H&A
Carat: 1.220
Color: I
Clarity: VS1
Depth: 60.5
Table: 56
Crown Angle: 35.1
Crown %: 15.3
Pavilion Angle: 40.7
Pavilion %: 42.9

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually like the first one better just from the #''s. What are the diameter dimensions etc?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Diameter of number 1: $6926
6.93-6.94X4.19
Diameter of stone number 2: $7550
6.93-6.94X4.20

Pretty much the exact same. Both of these are marked as sold....Did you put them on hold?

lukekb

Rough_Rock
Thanks, forgot to post that info. I have both of them on hold until Tuesday afternoon. I have to decide arround then in order to make sure I get everything ready for the big day. I am aim for the end of the month.

Do these stones look good or would I be better going with a 1.0 caret stone that is G. Would the 1.2 vs 1.0 caret be more noticable or the G vs I. Just looking at the trade offs.

If #1 is looking good, I think I am going to go for it.

Thanks!

-Luke

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I think number one looks great! For everyone else here are the two images.
/images/site/d_lost.jpg/images/site/d_lostF.jpg

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I like the numbers and the IS on stone #1 very much. I agree that you will not see a dif. between VS1 and VS2. Save the money and get the first stone.

shay

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

You could ask them to have Brian look at them side by side for you while talking to you on the phone.
Trust his eyes.

lukekb

Rough_Rock
Number #1 is look like a keeper. I have been working with Jamie at Whiteflash, and she has been great, but maybe I will see if Brian can take a look at the two. That could be helpful since there isn''t an IdealScope of the second one up.

Thanks again!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I''d vote for #1 also. Nice selection!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I like #1 the most too!!!
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would much rather go for a 1.2 I than a 1c G but that''s because I am a size whore!!! I think you will see a difference, we saw a difference in a 1.15c and a 1.25c we were comparing. I also went higher in color on my first purchase but soon learned I could have dropped that down a bit. So I think you have a great option here in either stone, but the first gets my vote!

lukekb

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the great response! I went with #1 and I am going to have it set in a X-Prong Solitare. It should be arriving just in time... ie in the morning of the day I was planning on proposing.

PriceScope was so helpful. I never would have found Whiteflash, and probably would have not ended up with such a well cut diamond.

Thanks again! You are going to make a girl really happy and made my life a little easier!

-Luke

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on a great choice, and good luck.

shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results