shape
carat
color
clarity

analysis needed

firewill65

Rough_Rock
Can someone please give me an analysis in diamond calculator or gem analysis? I have concerns about the table...although HCA shows excellent on fire and spread. Very good on the other 2. HCA score of 1.7 Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

ROUND BRILLIANT

Measurements 6.92 - 6.95 x 4.11 mm
Carat Weight 1.21 carat
Color Grade F
Clarity Grade Internally Flawless
Cut Grade Excellent
PROPORTIONS

Depth 59.3 %
Table 61 %
Crown Angle 33.0°
Crown Height 12.5%
Pavilion Angle 40.8°
Pavilion Depth 43.0%
Star Length 45%
Lower Half 75%
Girdle Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted, 3.5%
Culet None
FINISH

Polish Excellent
Symmetry Excellent
FLUORESCENCE

Fluorescence None
COMMENTS

Minor details of polish are not shown.

INSCRIPTION(S)

GIA 2176573029

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
when the table % is > the depth % is a no go for me, plus a low crown of only 12.5%.

firewill65

Rough_Rock
I understand it doesn't meet the "ideal" cut measurements...but it's close to the 60/60 diamond rule and GIA graded it as Excellent cut.
What can I expect to see in this diamond, what should I look out for. Again, I understand it's not ideal.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
get a picture and Ideal Scope from the vendor.

sturgeon123456

Rough_Rock
firewill65|1410806161|3751321 said:
I understand it doesn't meet the "ideal" cut measurements...but it's close to the 60/60 diamond rule and GIA graded it as Excellent cut.
What can I expect to see in this diamond, what should I look out for. Again, I understand it's not ideal.

You can expect to see an excellent stone that is shiny as can be.....some visitors here are very technical. The whole glamour and soul of the diamond has been reduced to computer generated images and punching numbers into a cut advisor.

Honestly your GIA XXX would look great, are there better....yes, but there always is.

firewill65

Rough_Rock
Can someone interpret this sarin report? I see green in the middle...is that light loss?

13411609_jkg_rb_ha_aset.jpg

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a 1.7 (G color) carat with similar specs:

59.2% depth
60% table
32.5 crown angle
41 pavilion angle

it's a 60/60 stone, but it looks amazing (to me, anyway). I looked at IS and ASET images before ordering to make sure there was no light leakage. It's a very bright diamond, much brighter than I'd expect a G to be. While there isn't a TON of fire, there is enough for me to be pretty impressed with it.

Then, I have another 1.7 carat, G colored 60/60 stone (60.6 depth, 60 table, 33.5 crown, 41 pav) and it has a different look. It has a sparklier/glassier look to it, but it isn't as white as the first. You can only tell if you're comparing the two, color-wise. I prefer this one (which is good, since this is the one I wear), as it looks more sparkly. But my fiance's diamond is pretty darn out of this world too (hers has a larger spread, so it looks whiter and bigger).

So, you don't know what it will look like until you get it. My two stones had nearly identical specs, yet have different looks. If there is a good return policy, try it out!

firewill65

Rough_Rock
Thanks Happy. I saw your diamonds on the other 60/60 post. If my diamond looks like yours, I'll be very happy. Im looking for a more clear, flashy diamond to go with the white gold setting. I'm not an expert..but to me diamonds are like the LCD Tv's at the big box stores...unless you are comparing them side by side, they all look good when you get them home! I'm sure the experts will disagree! lol

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks fine, though I'd lower the clarity and look for something more Tolkowsky style. You could easily get an E/F 1.5+ cts on your budget.

firewill65

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone. One last question...will jewelry stores Ideal scope a diamond for customers usually? Is there a fee if I would like it done? Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results