shape
carat
color
clarity

Am I crazy to be thinking of selling my 5 stone?

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
I would only sell my five stone to fund a solitaire if I really wanted a solitaire and was sure I would not miss my five stone.
Was the five stone a gift from someone special and/or for a significant event (anniversary, birthday, etc)? Would you be able to transfer the significance to the new ring?
If you do get a solitaire AVC, you could put some pave somewhere for extra sparkle, or put smaller side stones so they were more like accents and it wouldn't look so much like a three stone if you don't want two three stone rings.
If you really love DS2006's M AVC, could you sell your five stone and pitch it to your husband as your ABC gift for the next two years?
(Anniversary, Birthday, Christmas.)

By the way, I've always got a kick out of your Vegas slot machine diamond ring. Your description of the miffed ladies next to you when you won is quite funny.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
JaneSmith|1347944216|3270070 said:
I would only sell my five stone to fund a solitaire if I really wanted a solitaire and was sure I would not miss my five stone.
Was the five stone a gift from someone special and/or for a significant event (anniversary, birthday, etc)? Would you be able to transfer the significance to the new ring?
If you do get a solitaire AVC, you could put some pave somewhere for extra sparkle, or put smaller side stones so they were more like accents and it wouldn't look so much like a three stone if you don't want two three stone rings.
If you really love DS2006's M AVC, could you sell your five stone and pitch it to your husband as your ABC gift for the next two years?
(Anniversary, Birthday, Christmas.)

By the way, I've always got a kick out of your Vegas slot machine diamond ring. Your description of the miffed ladies next to you when you won is quite funny.

The 5 stone was purchased for no specific reason or anything so I don't have any sentimental ties to it at all. I think at this point I should just table this idea for a while because I'm just not going to be able to do it "right" if that makes sense. I do love the 'ABC' gift LOL!

I don't think that too many people can say that they won diamonds out of a slot machine! :bigsmile:

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
I know what it's like to shelf an idea because you can't get exactly what you want. It is worth waiting.

ABC gifts are awesome!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results