shape
carat
color
clarity

AGS old Diamond Quality Reports vs. Diamond Quality Document

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MrJones

Rough_Rock
Hello, kind of stupidly bought my girlfriend a e-ring today. I have been looking at PS for ages and did what i shouldn''t, and bought from a B&M. Reason being the ring I got with it was a steal, (Scott Kay) and the diamond was ''reduced''. I was shopping for a ring, not diamond.

Looking a the report it is an AGS with a report from June 2003, its looks wildley different from the other on the site noticing that its called a ''Diamond Quality Report'' not the normal ''Diamond Quality Document''. The sales lady said it was an AGS ideal, and it looked fab. I sized it up against a H&A and it blew its socks off. I was sold.

I checked the angles out and it seems to fit the bill for an AGS ideal,

0.711 cts.
Round Brilliant
5.77 - 5.78 x 3.49
Total Depth = 60.4%
Table = 57%
Girdle = Thin to Medium Faceted 0.9% to 1.7%
Cutlet = Pointed
Crown Angle = 33.9
Pavillion Angle = 40.5
Crown =14.4%
Pavillion 42.4%
Polish = Excellent
Symmetry = Excellent
Clarity = SI2
Colour = E
FLR = Negligable

I put it into the diamond cal and it came up with,

Light Return = Very Good
Fire = Excellent
Scintillation = Excellent
Spread or diameter for weight = Very Good
Total Visual Performance 1 = Excellent

I know its an SI2, but i looked at it under the scope and it was a scatter of pin points on one side, it look great to me.

Question is why iis there a difference in reports? I have seen report predating this that give the cut grade.
Would this diamond be give any ''Ideal'' properties?
Have I bought a dud?
Should I get it regraded to get the ''Diamond Quality Document? I think I read somwhere the AGS Excellent is also ideal?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey mr.jones
35.gif
congratulations on your purchase!
i don''t think you''ve bought a dud.. you''ve found a diamond that looked great to your eyes and it sounds like you got it for a price you thought was good.
as far as the reports go, not factoring in anything else, i can tell you that this diamond was given a ''diamond quality report'' because of the excellent polish and symmetry. only diamonds with ideal polish and symmetry are given diamond quality documents. that is not the only requirement for a dqd of course, it''s just the criteria that is obvious in this case.
i hope you will enjoy your purchase! ....and maybe post some pics of the ring
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results