carat
color
clarity

AGS 000 but HCA 3.1 Help??

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
luvdajules|1411064194|3753240 said:
Hi OP, I don't download (paranoid about viruses), but given what I can see, I like what I see on the GIA one, the inclusion plot especially. Twinning wisps as the grade setting inclusion on an Si2 can be a lucky find if the wisps don't impede brilliance or transparency (appraiser can judge). I also like that the inclusions are mostly off to the side of the table, for the most part. I also like the length of the lgf, albeit GIA rounds up so may be longer in actuality.
I know alot of people prefer twinning wisps to other types of inclusions and I agree to an extent. However, what I see in looking at this report is an SI2 grade based upon twinning wisps (listed first in the keys to symbols). Although I agree, it is generally better to have them off to the side rather than more central to the stone, under comments you will see that not all wisps are plotted. There is also surface graining. In my experience this combination of features usually scatter light resulting in a loss of performance and leaving the stone a little sleepy.

The AGS stone is based upon crystal inclusions which, while more easily seen with the loupe or even naked eye, tend not to scatter light or diminish light performance very much.

Therefore, without seeing the stones, Cutgirl's reaction to them is real life is what I would have predicted.

luvdajules

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Texas Leaguer, so helpful and makes sense to reconcile the OP's visual selection!

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
luvdajules|1411066113|3753256 said:
Thank you, Texas Leaguer, so helpful and makes sense to reconcile the OP's visual selection!
Glad to add my perspective to others helping out!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results