shape
carat
color
clarity

After visit to Mark at ERD, your advice on stone needed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CKinNYC

Shiny_Rock
Hi folks

Well I was lucky enought to meet with the lovely Mark T at ERD yesterday, who showed me a few cushions and a round, in my price range. I wanted to confirm which type of stone I want - and I''m going to go with a round.

Mark showed me a 1.87 H SI1 (specs below), which looked totally eyeclean and sparkly to me - I could see lovely arrows! Only thing is, this stone scores a 3.6 on the HCA, and, when compared side by side with (an admittedly bigger G) that scored 1.7, I felt that the 1.87 looked a little dark inside - like the stone that scored better was reflecting a lot more white light internally. Mark said this was due to the color difference, but, with utmost respect, I disagreed - I was looking at both front-on, and the 1.87ct was definitely darker. Does this make sense?!

Anyhoo, I have subsequently found a 2ct I SI1 online. I''m just verifying with the vendor tha the stone is eyeclean, but here''s the clincher - it''s AGS0 Ideal Cut, and scores a 0.7 (EX-EX-EX-EX) on the HCA. Specs below.

Pros to this new stone (I): it''s bigger, much better score on the HCA, better cut (right?)
Cons: Lower in color; have to determine if it''s eyeclean (photo looks good)

Assuming that the I is eyeclean, would you sacrifice the color grade for the bigger size and better score on the HCA? My reading of these forums would indicate "yes" - but I would love your opinions!

One last thing! If I go for the I, could I get it thru'' Mark? He''s such a nice guy, and would like him to get the business, if poss.

Thanks so much!

Claire

1.87 H SI1
Depth 62
Table 57
Crown: 36
Pav: 40.8
GIA : EX-EX-EX
HCA: 3.6 = G-VG-G-VG

2.01 I SI1
Depth: 59.9
Table: 56
Crown: 33.8
Pav: 40.8
AGS0 Cut
HCA: 0.7 = EX-EX-EX-EX

Thank you lovely Pricescopers!!
26.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If this is a virtual stone, then maybe Mark can get it in for you, I would ask him. You have been able to see the first one, if it doesn't smile at you so to speak, then passing is the right decision. I would definitely go larger with an I colour if the cut was great, so that would be an easy decision for me, but you must do what is right for you!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can believe that stone appeared less brilliant, considering the crown/pavilion combo. I would pass on it myself.

The second definitely has potential to be very bright and pretty. I can't say what I would do, it has to be what you yourself are comfortable with. Have you seen a well cut I in that size? If not, maybe hit up a store that sells AGS0/HOF and see for yourself if it would bother you or not. That way you know for sure.
28.gif

And as Lorelei said, if it's a virtual stone, Mark should be able to call it in.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen and Lorelei have it covered as usual! I thritto their comments about both stones and Mark. I love Mark!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results