shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on Pear

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kittykat

Shiny_Rock
I don''t really have enough information, but maybe you all could give me some sort of an opinion. I''m interested in a 1.40 G S12 (eyeclean) for $4350.00. My only reservation is that I dont'' have any cut info on it. I have seen it though, and can say that it is a nice stone. I was able to look at it through a flourescent light contraption and in bright sunlight and it has no bowtie. The woman selling it to me says she feels it''s a great cut (but what else is she going to say). I bought my OEC ring set from her and it turned out to be just what she had said it was. My instict says go for it. I''ve priced it out here and it seems comprable to internet prices. Any opinions? Thanks in advance!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I doubt anyone's going to be able to give you any opinions other than "that price is not out of the ballpark" considering there are no measurements or anything for us to analyze about the cut - not even the dimensions of the stone. Of course, cut grades on fancy stones aren't exactly ideal yet anyway, but we can't even calculate depth or anything here. Is it certed? (ie. is there a report from a reputable company that goes with it?)

There's not much else to say other than that you already have a pear....how did it compare visually to the one you already have?

kittykat

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/13/2005 6:31:39 PM
Author: FireGoddess
I doubt anyone''s going to be able to give you any opinions other than ''that price is not out of the ballpark'' considering there are no measurements or anything for us to analyze about the cut - not even the dimensions of the stone. Of course, cut grades on fancy stones aren''t exactly ideal yet anyway, but we can''t even calculate depth or anything here. Is it certed? (ie. is there a report from a reputable company that goes with it?)

There''s not much else to say other than that you already have a pear....how did it compare visually to the one you already have?

FireGoddess,
Thanks for your input I figured it would be hard to determine anything with the info I had. It doesn''t have a cert. I can only say that based on looking at it as far as color and clarity, it seems right on. It is coming out of an existing ring and it is much prettier than my current pear.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you thinking of replacing the stone in your e-ring with this one, or making a whole new ring entirely?

I know you were initially bummed about the specs on your first pear. If this new stone really is a decently cut G/eyeclean SI2, then I imagine it would knock your socks off more than the K/M I2 stone. Let us know if you decide to go for it, and definitely post some pictures if you do!!

kittykat

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/14/2005 1:40:04 AM
Author: FireGoddess
Are you thinking of replacing the stone in your e-ring with this one, or making a whole new ring entirely?

I know you were initially bummed about the specs on your first pear. If this new stone really is a decently cut G/eyeclean SI2, then I imagine it would knock your socks off more than the K/M I2 stone. Let us know if you decide to go for it, and definitely post some pictures if you do!!

I will FireGoddess. Thanks for youe interest!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results