shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on choosing diamond for pendant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all,

I have decided that I would love to have a bezel set pendant and wanted to get some advice on these two stones. One is an H & A with these specs:

Report: AGS
Shape: A Cut Above H&A
Carat: 0.306
Color: G
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 60.4
Table: 57
Crown Angle: 35
Crown %: 15.3
Pavilion Angle: 40.9
Pavilion %: 43.1
Girdle: 0.9%-1.6% Faceted
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 4.38-4.40X2.65
HCA of 3.1

I will post the next stone in another post with it''s relevant Idealscope image.

IS_AGS-47106101.jpg

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Report: AGS
Shape: Round Ideal Cut
Carat: 0.305
Color: G
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 61.2
Table: 57
Crown Angle: 34.2
Crown %: 14.8
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Pavilion %: 43
Girdle: Mediium to Slightly Thick Faceted
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 4.33-4.34X2.65
HCA score: 1.2

They are such a similar size and I''m really after a firey stone with sparkle, sparkle, sparkle.

Any advice?

IS_AGS-55081012.jpg

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all : )

I know that this pendant will not be a large one, but it''s really what I want, something small and delicate. I have purchased diamonds before, but they were purchased before Pricescope : ) I feel that this will be my first "informed" purchase : ) I have chosen to go to Whiteflash on this purchase, and so far they have treated me as though I''m buying a huge stone from them : ) I think that''s a great thing.

I wish you well,

Bridget

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock

I about fell over seeing an HCA score of 3.1 for an ACA so I reran it. I got 1.9 TIC for the HCA score.

Sounds like a toss-up to me. Have you chatted with the folks at WF to get their impressions of both diamonds?? Is there a significant price difference that would sway you toward one over the other??

The IS images suggest that the first one might be New Line and the second a Classic ACA. If that''s the case, I''d tend to go with the 2nd one for a pendant. Classic will be more bubbly with lots of smaller flashes of color and light.
1.gif

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for your response PQ! I don''t know what I did wrong to get that wrong HCA score! I did speak to Bob at Whiteflash who said that they are both great stones. He''s also going to pull them out to make sure that they are eye clean. There is about $100 difference in price. I''m leaning towards no. 2, but I may be enchanted enough with the H&A factor to choose the first one. I''m so undecided!

I wish you well,

Bridget

snlee

Ideal_Rock
bstraszheim, I''m interested in buying a small diamond pendant too. I was thinking about 1/3 carat but I don''t want to spend too much. Mind telling me how much those two stones are and how much whiteflash will charge for the bezel setting? Thanks.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results