shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on 1.08 H&A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

antonjp

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone. I''m pretty new to pricescope and i''ve read and learned alot from this website. I''m thinking about getting the following diamond. Can someone please let me know if it''s a good deal or not? the price of the stone is $6800 usd

1.08 E SI 1 H&A with AGS certification

depth = 60.89%
table = 57%
crown angle = 34.4%
pavillion angle = 40.7

it scored a 1 on the HCA

is this worth it? should i get this, or for the same price get a much larger stone ie: a 1.25-1.3 in a very good cut? will this have noticeably more fire and brilliance than a diamond with just a very good cut?

thanks in advance!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The angles look great. Forgive my skepticism but how do you know it's a true Hearts & Arrows?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not sure I get the meaning of "just very good" cut. For me that would mean keeping Iscope signature red hot, get "Good" of "Very Good" on polish and symmetry and missing on those H&A... And there is no sign that this stone is H&A to start with.

If anything, I would consider F and G as worthy color grades too.

antonjp

Rough_Rock
I've seen the diamond and you can clearly see the hearts and arrows. I've got the ags report with me and on the top in SHAPE & STYLE it says ROUND BRILLIANT. Is it suppose to say H&A here? my jeweller says it's a H&A and I can tell that it is an H&A... i'm confused now =(

How do I tell for sure if it's a H&A and if it is, is this price good/reasonable?

oh, the polish, symmetry and proportions are labelled as ideal.

thanks for the quick replies!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 4/17/2004 3:50:17 PM antonjp wrote:

should i get this, or for the same price get a much larger stone ie: a 1.25-1.3 in a very good cut? will this have noticeably more fire and brilliance than a diamond with just a very good cut?
---------------

If you want a larger diamond, I'd suggest dropping the color instead of the cut. The cut impacts the sparkle (performance) of a diamond much more than color does.

For that money, you should be able to get a G or H, SI1 in the 1.25 range without compromising cut at all. If you're the really, really color sensitive type, then go F.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
There's nothing like seeing it with your own eyes to pick out the hearts and arrows. The cert wouldn't say anything unless somebody (like a brand name diamond cutter) inscribed "H&A" on the girdle. I can inscribe "H&A" on the worst cut diamond in the world if I want. So no, seeing is believing, you've got the real thing (or close enough).

I also agree that a drop in color will be much more negligible than a drop in cut quality.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results