shape
carat
color
clarity

ACA vs Ideal Cut: Pics of differences in Sparkle??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelgal

Shiny_Rock
How much difference in the sparkle factor does A Cut Above have over an "Ideal" cut?? Does anyone have any pics of their rings they can post so I can see the difference?

Thank you!
wavey.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
From what I have seenm ACA diamonds are cut to reasonably exactling standards. Generic Ideal Cut diamonds are generally all very nice to superb, but there is a lack of consistency in their performance and parameters due to the fact that many different cutters have different ideas of how to cut every individual diamond to reach it best potential. Some guys save the most weight they can, others make a better stone and loose a little extra weight.

Once you have a well produced "brand" like ACA, then you adhere to "standards" and go for consistent results. That's probably the prime importance of a name brand....consistency that you may count on.

With this in mind, don't for a minute think that a "Brand" assures you of consistency. This is one required thing for a successful brand, but sadly, not every diamond brand is consistent or going to become a household word....like Kleenex tissue....Only those branded diamonds which are correctly marketed will ever have a hope of brand recognition.

Todd07

Shiny_Rock
I assumed using the Cut Advisor https://www.pricescope.com/sift.asp was the easiest way for a novice to find stones that should have brilliance, fire and scintillation. You can play with the settings to only look at AGS0 and H&A stones or exclude them. My observations

- Many vendors can supply stones that should sparkle (HCA font>

- Since these are the best in their class, vendors put them in their "best" category: WF calls them ACA, Dirt Cheap calls them "Signature Series Ideal Cut" etc.

- These stones typically are in-house and have the most info available for web viewing. Thus you can call a vendor and have them look at and discuss the merits of their offer.

With WF, you can also search their Expert Selection for great Ideal picks that are non ACA.

Unfortunately, many diamonds don't provide enough info to run the HCA. If you find one that's interesting, you can ask for a copy of the cert or sarin report before going to the trouble of shipping the stone to an appraiser.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results