shape
carat
color
clarity

About to buy this diamond from Blue Nile. What do you think?

amanda1266

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I have sifted through alot of diamonds and I have found one that looks like a winner for me. But since I am a novice (although many hours of researching), I wanted to get the advice of you all. I would hate to spend so much money and this diamond not be worth it.
Here are the stats:

This GIA certified
.90 Carat Round Brilliant
Ideal Cut
G-color
SI1
Depth: 60.8
Table: 57
Polish/Sym: Both Excellent
Faint Fluorescence

Here is a link to the diamond and you can also view the certificate.

The price is $4,578

Please let me know what you think :D

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: About to buy this diamond from Blue Nile. What do you th

Will they confirm if it is eyeclean?

amanda1266

Rough_Rock

Yes, I have already asked them to confirm if it is eyeclean.. I'm waiting for that response now before I buy it.

wardiamonds

Rough_Rock

A diamond is a special, once-off, expensive purchase so you need to be certain it is conflict-free. Blue Nile claim their diamonds are conflict-free but some of their diamonds are cut and polished in Israel where revenue from the diamond industry is a major source of funding for the Israeli military which stands accused of serious war crimes and possible crimes against humanity by the UN Human Rights Council. I would not buy a diamond if there was any chance it had funded war criminals. DO SOME RESEARCH Do not accept written guarantees from the vendor that don't have third-party oversight. Ask BN for their definition of a "conflict-free" diamond. There is no definition. Ask them does the Kimberley Process ban diamonds that fund human rights violations by government forces. It doesn't. Jewellers claim diamonds that fund gross human rights violations by government forces are conflict-free just because they are not banned by the KP.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results