shape
carat
color
clarity

A REAL Tiffany Lucida Auction Watch

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Obsessed

Shiny_Rock
Here is an interesting ebay auction. A 1.13ct I, VS1, VG/VG. Retail value over 11K!
6.gif
Just started and no body has bid anything yet. Thought I''d put the link here so anyone else interested in the Lucida can see it. Plus, I think its interesting to watch how much it will sell for eventually. It would prove some valid arguments used in our Friday Tiffany debates!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2692811777&category=11017

Griffin

Shiny_Rock
I couldn't really see what we are supposed to be bidding on in the pictures there, as they had some ring blocking my view of the box.
rolleyes.gif

Sorry. couldn't resist.... must. wait. till. friday.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hoping I got this link right...

The auction page specifies that the item is "Lab Created" and givea a starting bid of 1/10 of "retail value" - typos ?
sick.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 2/25/2004 10:25:04 AM fire&ice wrote:

Yeah, Val - why does it say 'Lab Created'? ----------------

Hummmm......
rolleyes.gif

I read an article written by a PS approved appaiser about buying diamonds and diamond jewelry on eBay. He said NEVER purchase from sellers who keep identities Private!
6.gif

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
Tiffany does not sell lab-created diamonds.

The "platinum" setting looks suspiciously like yellow gold.

The grading reports are just fuzzy enough to prevent comparison.

The reserve is 9% of the estimated value.

Gee, do you think there might be something off about this auction?
3.gif
11.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Couldn't resist sending him an e-mail...Maybe the mystery seller will respond, but likely it's a shammy endeavor. I expect no response to "the diamond is real, the lab reports are posted, sorry I have no clearer pictures. Thanks." Anyone wanna bet a penny?
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------

I read an article written by a PS approved appaiser about buying diamonds and diamond jewelry on eBay. He said NEVER purchase from sellers who keep identities Private!
6.gif

----------------

Yes, I have to agree with this sentiment. I purchased an item which ended up being lower color/clarity and, in addition, when researching back the previous bids of this and other stuff they sold, the company was bidding up their own auctions. Funny that soon after this, they switched to private ID auctions, which I'm suspecting resulted from a few complaints.

Michell

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Response from the seller of the ring...

Where are you located?.
My price is $ 2800 including shipping and insurance!
Please get back!

Curious, a $3000 Tiffany's ring at 1.13 cts? WHAT A DEAL...NOT!

Same pictures on the website. No info on the "lab created"...curious to see the poor slob who buys off this guy! Ouch!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results