shape
carat
color
clarity

A question for Rino because I know you have these toys...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
on the B-scope, starting with triple VH how far down the scale before you actually see the visual difference between two stones? Same question with the Isee2 machine starting with the best score of 9.8

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
----------------
On 5/12/2004 10:29:17 PM vtigger86 wrote:

on the B-scope, starting with triple VH how far down the scale before you actually see the visual difference between two stones? Same question with the Isee2 machine starting with the best score of 9.8----------------

On the B'scope, moreso when the scintillation starts taking a hit, then colored light. For the longest time a comparison many of our clients made was between 2 H&A's where the primary difference between the 2 was in minor facet cutting with the primary angles being very similar. One diamond would be of the shorter star/lower girdle ilk, one of the longer star/lower girdle combo. When 2 diamonds like this are compared side by side under direct light conditions virtually every person would choose the longer star/lower girdle combo. Interestingly after this GIA came out with their study on fire and stated that if you took their original model they used back in 98 and lengthened the star and lower girdle facets, this produced a more fiery diamond. They referred to it a having greater DCLR (abbr. for dispersed colored light return). GIA has made these articles available online here http://www.gia.org/newsroom/608/12760/news_release_details.cfm and a good summary can be found here http://www.professionaljeweler.com/archives/articles/2002/jan02/0102dg.html. Since *fire* is primarily emphasized in direct light conditions, B'scope testing does an excellent job of reflecting the actual appearance of the diamond in those conditions. I do have some minor gripes which I cover in our tutorial.

On the Isee2 I can vaguely begin to see the differences as it drops below 9 but I would put a qualifier there depending upon where the diamond is taking it's hit to cause it to be below 9. In the low 8's more easily and as it drops it becomes even easier. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results