shape
carat
color
clarity

A Pave Band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im considering a pave band for my wedding band but I don''t want it all the way around the band (I guess a half pave or 3/4 pave) but I was curious how thin I can get one of these. I would like it no thicker than 3mm. Is that possible?

LGail

Shiny_Rock
Hi ame,

Where are you located? I actually decided on my setting today that I found at a local B&M and it is a 2.8-3.0 (I'm not exactly sure) Platinum Pave setting. When I hold my hand out and close my fingers, the diamonds end exactly where you wouldn't be able to see them anymore. It is beautiful. Is is a "low" cathedral setting but when I have mine made I will have them set the stone up a little higher.

LGail

Shiny_Rock
Oops, I reread your post, you're looking for just the wedding band.

I did look briefly at some wedding bands and saw some between 2.0 - 3.0 mm. They were pretty but the 2.0-2.5 seemed a little too thin.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I found one I liked at Whiteflash, a half one but it doesn't say how thick it is...are they generally over about 1K for platinum or is it based on the carat weight of the stones?

Patty

Ideal_Rock
ame, my pictures are refusing to post tonight. There is a very narrow half pave band made by A.Jaffe that Mara posted pics of on the SMTR forum a while ago.

Also, Vatche makes a narrow pave band but I'm just finding it in the full eternity style. They make the engagement ring in the half pave, but I don't see the wedding band in the half pave. It IS very thin, though.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
This is the Vatche, but like I said, it's a full eternity band.

fancycoloredfan

Rough_Rock
This is a pave band that i purchased about a year ago from an online store. I bought it in platinum but i believe they have it in 14k or 18k white gold. you can e-mail or msg me and i'll find the web site address. I love it.

paveband.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results