shape
carat
color
clarity

A Painful Experience with Poor Workmanship

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Papa_G

Rough_Rock
This is a description of my experience with John Claude''s Custom Jewelry in Riverside, CA...

I must admit, John is a nice guy. Everything about him seemed to make me want to do business with him.

I had asked him to make me an engagement ring, given him all the specifications, and paid about 35% for the deposit. He made the ring in the specified timeframe and I paid the remaining balance. At the time I picked up the ring I noticed a few flaws in the workmanship that I wanted corrected. John said I could come back and have them fixed.

So I brought back the ring to have it fixed. When I returned to pick it up the problems were corrected but new problems had appeared. After a number of trips back and forth to have things corrected I finally decided to get another opinion.

I showed the engagement ring to another goldsmith and was told the workmanship and quality was "mediocre." My suspicions were confirmed; I overpaid for a piece of jewelry that was made with no concern for quality.

I had the ring made again from scratch (not with John) and guess what... it looked beautiful the first time!

9.gif

So the lesson from my encounter with poor workmanship: DON''T USE JOHN CLAUDE''S IF YOU''RE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING NICE!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results