shape
carat
color
clarity

a little help with a glowing ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cera5alive

Rough_Rock
I have two questions. The first, my friend has a diamond ring that glows like crazy in the black light when she dances, I thought this meant it was fake but she insists it's real. I would never tell her but, am I correct?

What is Diamonique from QVC? Once again, if diamonique glows under a black light, I'm found out. Will it?

Cheers,

Kiki

Patty

Ideal_Rock
If your friend''s ring glows in the black light, it probably has fluorescence. It''s a cool aspect of some diamonds. You can do a search here on the topic to learn more about it.

If you decide to go with a simulated stone, I would consider something like an interlap simulated diamond (cubic zirconia). Wink Jones who posts here sells them along with real diamonds. I do not think that cubic zirconias glow under a black light.

Whether or not a diamond glows does not indicate whether or not it''s real...it just indicates whether or not it has fluorescence.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
If your friend''s diamond is glowing blue, then it is probably a diamond with blue fluorescence (the most common color), as Patty says.

Cubic Zirconia (Diamonique, etc) usually fluoresces under ultraviolet (black) light, most often a yellow or orangey yellow hue.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2004 10:13:29 PM
Author: Richard Sherwood
If your friend''s diamond is glowing blue, then it is probably a diamond with blue fluorescence (the most common color), as Patty says.

Cubic Zirconia (Diamonique, etc) usually fluoresces under ultraviolet (black) light, most often a yellow or orangey yellow hue.
Thanks for the info about CZs fluorescing yellow or orangish, Rich.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results