shape
carat
color
clarity

a few random questions about Asschers and Yellow Gold

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RLG

Shiny_Rock
I''m starting to dream about what I want in an ering and thought I would put this out there for thoughts. I am in love with asschers and it is the stone for me. It seems that on this site people are generally advised not to go below an H for color, but if I''m going to set it in yellow gold do you think I can get away with a lower color thus a bigger carat weight? I love all of the white metal settings but yellow gold looks so much better on me. Having said that are there any pictures of an asscher set in yellow gold? Also, what sites would you recommend for finding an older cut assher (antique, original, whatever they are called? I found an old post about this site https://www.artdecodiamonds.com/index.html Any thoughts? Finally has anyone ever seen an assher set with half moons? I suppose thats more than enough questions for now.
Thanks,
RLG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bet if you got a stone with fluorescene it would be white and look great in yellow gold.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
the recommendation of not going below H is for those to whom a concern for visible color would negate a purchase. There are people here who would find a JKLMNOP etc asscher set in white metal beautiful as well. If you don''t want to see color, stick to the higher grades, it is possible that all of the reflecting an asscher does will make the stone look yellow even if you buy a D.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tierhog had an *amazing* J colored asscher!!! Really incredible! If you are comfortable with a tad bit of warmth, it will be fine.

RLG

Shiny_Rock
His is that amazing royal assher right? I was really hoping the yellow gold wouldn''t be a problem. No pictures huh? So what I had in mind was there is this E-W set EC on the Leon site with 2 half moons. I would love something similar only with an asscher. Thanks for the thoughts.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know that I''ve seen an asscher set in yellow gold, but there simply has to be one out there somewhere!

My asscher is an I, and although it is in platinum, I very rarely see any color in it at all. That being said, I also don''t think I''m super color sensitive...

If you are color sensitive, an I may be too warm for you.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love yellow gold and would have no trouble with it for an asscher.
I like H or higher or L or lower color and dont like the ones in between much in asschers.

richipat

Rough_Rock
Did a goolgle image search on Asscher cut diamond and yellow gold -- didn''t find too much.

14kyegoenriw.jpg

RLG

Shiny_Rock
richipat thank you so much for finding that photo. The good news for me is I don''t think I''m color sensitive. One of the stores in town carries royal asschers and showed me a 1.26 I color. I couldn''t tell the difference unless it was next to something else. Storm, out of curiosity why not any stones in the I to K color range?

RLG

Shiny_Rock
As an after thought, anybody have any idea what a pair of stepcut halfmoons would cost? I know it would depend on the size but a general idea? Or point me in the direction of someone who knows. There price would figure into the total budget for the ring which is about 10K.

richipat

Rough_Rock
You are welcome. I think this set is absolutely beautiful and with the plat or WG prongs and side diamonds it doesn''t appear to affect the Asscher color at all.
If it makes your heart go pitter patter -- Go for it!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results