shape
carat
color
clarity

a few questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
HOPEFULLY (fingers crossed) I will be getting my ering in the next 3-4 months (as long as the SO respects his time-line) and it was said I could pick out my ring... HUZZAH!!
26.gif

Now I know what setting I want. I want the 1345 from james meyer in white gold, only I want it to have 2 small diamonds on the side and an oval diamond (or cushion more partial to oval) instead of a RB.

Now a huge hunk of the budget is going into the setting, and I don't know beans about oval cuts.
I'd LIKE it to be over one carat, and I don't care about the clarity as long as it is eyeclean (Id prefer vs1, but I'll take lower)... the color I am totally game for going in the J-K area, if that frees up some money for a better cut, larger stone.

But I don't know where to look or what to look for.

Any hints??

also do you think the J-K would look a tad too warm in a WG setting?
33.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/15/2009 10:07:16 PM
Author:ckrickett
HOPEFULLY (fingers crossed) I will be getting my ering in the next 3-4 months (as long as the SO respects his time-line) and it was said I could pick out my ring... HUZZAH!!
26.gif

Now I know what setting I want. I want the 1345 from james meyer in white gold, only I want it to have 2 small diamonds on the side and an oval diamond (or cushion more partial to oval) instead of a RB.

Now a huge hunk of the budget is going into the setting, and I don't know beans about oval cuts.
I'd LIKE it to be over one carat, and I don't care about the clarity as long as it is eyeclean (Id prefer vs1, but I'll take lower)... the color I am totally game for going in the J-K area, if that frees up some money for a better cut, larger stone.

But I don't know where to look or what to look for.

Any hints??

also do you think the J-K would look a tad too warm in a WG setting?
33.gif
Hi crickett

I would work with a vendor who can source you a well cut oval or who has some in house and can supply detailed images such as photos and ASET, try the following. Ovals are tricky and can't be evaluated so much by the numbers so images are essential.

www.goodoldgold.com

www.whiteflash.com

www.niceice.com

www.engagementringsdirect.com

J or K could be ok in WG, ovals might show a little more colour than a round, see if you can view some in person of similar size and lab graded colour.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett,
I didnt look at numbers (only photos) and found a few oval stones that I thought might be worth looking into.
You probably already know that the lower colors will show some tint. I dont really know what your budget is
either but here are a few...

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/I-VS1-Good-Cut-Oval-Diamond-952901.asp
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/J-VS1-Ideal-Cut-Oval-Diamond-1245045.asp
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/I-SI1-Premium-Cut-Oval-Diamond-1245044.asp

I personally dont mind bow-ties as long as they are pleasing but thats your call. You might also get a hold of Jon
at GOG and see what he can come up with for you.

tyty

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results