shape
carat
color
clarity

8k jewelry budget - what would you buy?

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I would love to get a yellow pear shape solitaire as a pendant with halo.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I didn't already have one, I'd buy the largest round diamond pendant I could find! :bigsmile:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've discovered I'm not really into pendants, and I'd rather put the money into something I can see while I wear it - I would go for a tennis bracelet.

christiekpearson

Rough_Rock
Yellow pear sounds beautiful and unique! Do you know of people selling them or would you get it custom made?

I love round diamond pendants too, so classic and beautiful.

What's the best way to find jewelry? I'm totally happy to buy used

julesxxxooo

Rough_Rock
Personally, I find I put much more wear and tear/stress on a bracelet than I would a pendant or ring. If I had 8k, I'd go for a pendant.
I wish I had this tough decision to make ;-)

christiekpearson

Rough_Rock
Jules - i'm leaning towards necklace/pendant too =) I meant was there specific one you like? I'm having a hard time finding pieces I'm in love with. People here have such beautiful jewelry so figured I'd ask for help :)

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer bracelets as I like to see them (have three of them).

Pendants are nice, but unless I'm standing in front of a mirror, I can't enjoy them.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cflutist|1422668433|3824733 said:
I prefer bracelets as I like to see them (have three of them).

Pendants are nice, but unless I'm standing in front of a mirror, I can enjoy them.
Yup, agree!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I would buy the diamond and then have it set. We can help you find a yellow diamond .... You can ggo t Leibish & co....

christiekpearson

Rough_Rock
I need to be at a computer for my job (engineer) and I'm worried the bracelet would get in the way - have you guys experienced this or has it been ok?

mdmc

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love bracelets but I also work at a desk and I can tell you it really bugs me so I don't wear them or a watch when I am working. Personally I would go with a bezel set stone on a short chain. I love the Barbara pendant from Brian Gavin.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you put your pendant on a long enough chain (for me, 20" will do it), you get the best of both worlds! It's nice to see one's bling but it's also nice not to have to worry about banging it up ....

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am on my computer a lot for work (lawyer.) I take my bracelets or watch off if they are irritating me. Or they are banging on my laptop. Or I am on the record and don't want any noice except my voice - so no jangling. I love both bracelets and pendants.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would get a very long and very substantial diamonds by the yard necklace that I could wear long, or double. With good size diamonds. Not really a pendant, but a great, versatile necklace.

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
I saw this Cobblestone bracelet at Tiffany's . I just love this little bracelet with alternating rose cut milgrain bezels and full cut melee. I bet another vendor could create something similar within your budget.
http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=27998496&mcat=&cid=2653697&search_params=p+1-n+10000-c+2653697-s+5-r+-t+-ni+1-x+-lr+-hr+-ri+-mi+-pp+997+3&search=0&origin=browse&searchkeyword=

Another idea might be a luxury watch? I never thought of my watch as jewelry but my Cartier BB has become one of my favorite pieces to wear.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A bezel-set tennis bracelet.

DK :))

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
christiekpearson|1422670022|3824747 said:
I need to be at a computer for my job (engineer) and I'm worried the bracelet would get in the way - have you guys experienced this or has it been ok?

I'm a pharmacist, so typing on a computer and rubbing my wrists against a counter all day just isn't compatible with a bracelet -- watches have to be pushed up my arm and bug me too... so I understand this! :bigsmile:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1422699035|3824880 said:
A bezel-set tennis bracelet.

DK :))

Hmmm... that's a really good idea, dk! {new obsession... thanks.} :wall: :lol: ;))

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
christiekpearson|1422670022|3824747 said:

I retired after 32 years of software engineering experience and my tennis bracelet never bothered me while I was at the computer all day. Now during retirement I wear two tennis bracelets all the time and they do not bother me when I volunteer at the local police department doing crime analysis at the computer either, nor do they when I surf the web at home.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
One solution to the bracelet-banging-keyboard problem is to get bracelets very closely fitted ... I have a new Art Deco one (sort of like the emerald one posted above, only all-diamond), made for a 6" wrist, and it fits like a glove. I barely notice it's on, unless I automatically check my wrist like I'm wearing a watch .... ;-)

christiekpearson

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your suggestions!

I checked out a tennis bracelet (3 prong) in NY a month ago and was a little underwhelmed - it might have just been the lighting in the store though. Will check out a bezel set one too, they seem to better protect the stones which is a definite advantage but I was told they aren't as sparkly because there's less light going in - is that true?

I this necklace is gorgeous http://www.ebay.com/itm/281395688567?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT but i'm worried it might be too formal for everyday wear (and not sure if it's a good deal?)

The yellow stone you linked to is beautiful, the other idea I had was to make a DBTY bracelet out of different color/shape diamonds - start with just a few and then add more over the years - has anyone done something like this? Would it look too mismatched to vary both shape and color? I love colored stones but they're soo expensive in large sizes.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Circe|1422721120|3824988 said:
One solution to the bracelet-banging-keyboard problem is to get bracelets very closely fitted ... I have a new Art Deco one (sort of like the emerald one posted above, only all-diamond), made for a 6" wrist, and it fits like a glove. I barely notice it's on, unless I automatically check my wrist like I'm wearing a watch .... ;-)

+1

I do the same thing.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I would buy a diamond Riviera necklace--long enough to double on my wrist as a bracelet. Or buy two tennis bracelets (and link them together for a necklace).

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results