shape
carat
color
clarity

8ct bracelet for $799?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Have you seen the new TV add from a huge jewelry store chain showing a beautiful diamond and gold bracelet with 8 carats of diamonds in a 14kt yellow gold bracelet for $799.

Think about this. The wholesale price of K-L-M color I2 clarity melee is more than $100 per carat. Then there is the cost of setting the diamonds (labor) and the 14kt yellow gold bracelet. How many here have seen diamonds that looked like frozen spit? Those might be classified as I5 clarity.

Next time you go by one of these maul stores with deals such as this, take a close look and see what the uninformed masses are buying. Exit as soon as you can before they grab you and put one of those ugly things on you! The ones in the store do not look anywhere as good as the ones in the TV add

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Yea, it's that time of year again Bob, the time when so many retail stores start pushing frozen spit upon the unsuspecting masses who often tend to think in terms of carat weight instead of quality... How sad! Thankfully the vast amount of diamond grading information found here on Price Scope and other internet sites are making it possible for people to learn about diamonds before they buy, thus making an educated decision instead of being swayed by slick advertising and bright jewelry store lights designed to mask the true appearance of what we in the industry call "dead".

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Well, that's a deal considering what I paid for my 8c diamond bracelet.

I have seen stuff like this advertised. The diamonds are usually tiny chips - just bunches of them.

When I was shopping, the main determining factor was the size of each stone & not total carat weight. People get fooled by relying soley on TCW. Also, the larger stones in the bracelets are cut to Am RB standards. The smaller ones (not in all instances) are just chips.

But then, someone buys this stuff. Everyone has their own buying agenda. I bought two really awful quality (& cheap)ruby & sapphire bands. After 9/11, I wanted to wear my support. Red (ruby) White (diamond) & blue (sapphire). I still wear them around the Patriotic Holidays. It's just fun.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Soooooo true Diamond Bob, Robin and Todd, and F&I! I can already hear those cash registers churning over the holiday music!
22.gif

People do have their priorities! I've seen so many "frozen spit" e-rings since I got into jewelry/gemstones as a hobby (obsession). And set in yellow gold, M color does kinda look white,.... LOLOL.
3.gif

I have my serious stuff and fun jewelry like F&I. But, I feel bad for the boys that have to buy for my daughters. The girls have learned along with me and they know what to look for. No junk promotional stuff for them!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results