shape
carat
color
clarity

8 prong martini studs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

speakinglurker

Rough_Rock
Does anyone here have the 8 prong martini diamond stud earrings from whiteflash (or any 8 prong martinis)? If so, could you post pictures with specs? I''m considering getting them but I''m afraid that they''ll overpower the diamonds (approx 1 cttw). If there has already been a thread on this, I apologize. Thanks!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aljdewey and I saw them when we visited WF last year.... they are awesome! I have some pictures with them on my ears, I will have to dig them out. I don''t feel like the prongs overpowered the diamonds but then again these were 1.5ctw earrings. So .75c each and IMO perfect with the 8 prongs. Smaller than that? Tempting but I''m not sure about it. I would see what WF thought. But the side views of these things? Just breathtaking.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
In the interest of not grossing everyone out with too large shiny ear shots...I made this one pretty small but it shows you what the earrings look like on the ear. This is a .75c Expert Selection stone, they were firecrackers. I think Brian said they were J SI''s.

8 prong on mara a.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and here is a cropped lobe only shot to show what the prongs look like on the stone, pretty tiny as you can see. Unfortunately we didn''t get any side shots that I can recall, but the vanity images on WF''s site are very much what they look like in person, beautiful from the side. Too bad no one really sees that level of detail on your ears though!! I would love a ring made with that delicate little head!

closeup of 8 prong.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, Mara! Thanks for sharing! Do you have any "closer-up" views?

In your opinion, how was the look on the ear "different" than the standard 3-prong martinis we are used to seeing?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lynn I don't think we took any other shots where you could really see the setting or anything like that...

For comparison here is a shot I took for your earring martini thread last year with my .38s on my ears in my WF 3 prong martini.

Really to me they didnt look SO different on the EAR, the prongs are so tiny. I think if I was going to splurge and get a 2ctw or 1.5ctw of earrings I would definitely get the 8 prongs just because the settings themselves are so beautiful. They are handmade so the prongs are super thin and delicate feeling, just so ethereal. Even if no one sees them, it's kind of like a fun secret. But I still do love the 3 prong martinis, thats for sure too!

mara ear shot 3 prongs.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s another shot i found in al''s hand of the 8 prong, shows them maybe a bit better, but i can''t believe we didnt take any side shots! looking through them it''s all ear..all the time!! hahaha.

8 prong in hand.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
here are the two WF vanity shots from their website...

8 prongs WF.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
aren''t they just divine? i told Brian I thought that a 3 stone ring with this same side view style would be SO stunning and he said that the earrings are so delicate they would not make a great ring, they''d have to be beefed up to be more durable on the hand. But I still love the idea!

8 prongs WF b.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are very pretty Mara.

speakinglurker

Rough_Rock
Thanks Mara! Those pics are perfect! I love the setting...even more than I thought I would. I was hoping that they would be pretty delicate. It''s hard to tell in the blown up pics on WF. Now I guess the only question is whether they''ll look okay with smaller diamonds. I think I''ll take your advice and ask WF''s opinion. Ha! Or maybe I''ll just have to get bigger diamonds! Wouldn''t that be a shame?!
31.gif

I am kind of surprised that you liked them though...I thought you were a less prong, more diamond kind of gal.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes I am all typically about the diamond and not the prongs!! But these in person were SO delicate and beautiful, I was just smitten. And as you can see, on the .75''s the prongs are miniscule...they were just so pretty. I still like the 3 prong martinis the best I think to showoff the diamond in a very minimalist way, but I would love to have a larger set of studs in these 8 prong ones at some point. As I like to say, It''s on the list!!

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Wow - I adore the 8-prong studs….drool! To me it really enhances the size of the diamond but I also really like the 3 prongs…darn, what’s a girl to do with so many choices?
31.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i haven''t been lusting for anything diamond for awhile now. but i want these and i want them soon!

movie zombie

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
I want some martini set diamond earrings so bad.... you guys just make it worse! 8 prong or 3 prong... I''ll take either!!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
do you think they''d be as gorgeous in yellow gold?

movie zombie

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
no one's skin should be seen at this close up of a mag but al found a side profile shot so i cropped out just the earring...here's a slightly blurry shot of the profile as it rests on the ear.

closeup earring.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Actually, I think they''d be STUNNING in yellow gold too. The prongs are SO tiny that they really wouldn''t show much, but the profile would look SWOONABLE.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2006 1:55:21 PM
Author: Mara
no one''s skin should be seen at this close up of a mag but al found a side profile shot so i cropped out just the earring...here''s a slightly blurry shot of the profile as it rests on the ear.

LOL! Great shot, BTW. That gives the visual I was looking for. Thanks!
Man, that setting is to die for!

Lynn (whose list grows ever longer...)
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

speakinglurker

Rough_Rock
I need them! Now I just have to wait for a nice pair of matched diamonds with the right specs to pop up on WF''s website!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results