shape
carat
color
clarity

.75ct Clarity Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BFHCS

Rough_Rock
I have a question about clarity on a .75 ct Princess Cut Diamond. What clarity grade will give me an eye clean diamond? Because of the small size I''m thinking I can get away with SI1. Different websites are giving me different answers.

This is the ring I want: Blue Nile Ring

I''m still looking around to see if I can find a similar ring for cheaper. Lucky for me my girl has very small hands and doesn''t want a rock bigger than that. She says she isn''t interested in super quality as long as it looks good she will love it.

Thanks!

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
That is really on a diamond by diamond case, and person to person as well. One SI1 diamond can be eyeclean, while another isn't. Also, different people can see different things. Someone with super good eyesite can see inclusions in the VS range.

I think most say SI1 is pretty safe, but you need to see it with your own eyes to be sure! Remeber, Blue Nile does have a return policy if your not happy.

BFHCS

Rough_Rock
I understand what you are saying. The return policy is a definite factor in my decision. Thanks again.
2.gif

Wacky

Rough_Rock
I say buy from a diamond professional who will give you an honest opinion on a diamond, not a sales person who has never seen the diamond you're looking at online.

Wacky

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
At 0.75 you'll definitely find several eye-clean (from the top, at least) nicely cut stones in the SI 1 range. Some SI 2 may be eye clean too, especially if the inclusions are scattered or off to the side, and may be an incredible value!
As others have noted the keys are an excellent make and a consumer-oriented return policy.
1.gif

BFHCS

Rough_Rock
That is what I was thinking. Different seller's sites were putting "clean to the naked eye" on different clarity grades. If you need a 10X scope to see the flaws than it should be clean to the eye. Especially at that ct. So far I haven't found a huge difference in $$$ when I down grade the clarity but keep other specs similar. I just wanted to have more options. Thanks everybody.

Jeffjo

Rough_Rock
Hi, I'm Jeff Josephson of Raymond Lee jewelers.
I feel comfortable in saying that even SI2 will be eye clean in a three quarter carat stone .
If you were my customer I'd sell you a .75ct E or F, Si2 3/4ct princess.
Color gets her friends , they wont believe how gorgeous it is with a colorless stone, in my humble (25year experience ) almost everyone will admire an E SI2 much than a H SI1 on your fiancees hand
(Make sure whatever you buy has a certificate from A lab, and be aware that some labs are stricter than others.
In fact it was an article on that subject that brought me to pricescope several hours ago, and I havent been able to leave yet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results